CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Thank you! I will try to make the trip or at least call the boutique later on today. Hopefully they do have it if not I wouldn’t mind it without the hearts and just a regular black and gold flap card holder.
I’ve had no trouble getting into the Chicago boutique without an appointment; I’ve walked right in the past few times I’ve visited. However, I find their SAs terrible and uninterested in expanding their clientele. I’ve made hefty purchases in-store, then sent texts to the SA who helped asking about purchasing something else and they just ghost. I found an SA at the NY Saks who is much more responsive and hungry for the sale, so now I mostly work with him unless I’m physically in Chicago at that boutique (which is the closest one to me).

Hello,
My husband brought me the 22 bag in black during this work trip, I am super happy as it's been very difficult to get hold of this item in HK. Before I start wearing this gorgeous item, I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions before using it? Do you suggest spraying some leather protection? He mentioned Chanel now has a 5-year aftercare on this bag, not sure if this is true?
Thank you so much!

Hello,
My husband brought me the 22 bag in black during this work trip, I am super happy as it's been very difficult to get hold of this item in HK. Before I start wearing this gorgeous item, I would really appreciate any tips or suggestions before using it? Do you suggest spraying some leather protection? He mentioned Chanel now has a 5-year aftercare on this bag, not sure if this is true?
Thank you so much!
Yes, Chanel in recent years has started the 5 year warranty. The SA would need to register it or assist you with registering it.

Reactions: AmandeDélicieuse
Morning all…I know we don’t authenticate, but I’m wondering what you think of the grains on this classic flap? It’s from a genuine reseller that I buy a lot from but the caviar grains look a bit flat to me? Or am I overthinking it? I know there are a lot of different caviars and I’m comparing to my old boy bag, which has bigger grains spaced differently. 93B320F3-A21B-485B-AA44-101F1B616A94.png

I just had a really bad experience in chanel Amsterdam. Rushed to get there in time, I arrived 15 mins before closing. They didn't let me in because the store is closed to new customers? If that is a real rule, they should post in on their website. Otherwise it feels rather personal.
Secondly, the heck make it so difficult for me to buy something that's close to 10k.
God I am furious. I don't think I'll go back.

I just had a really bad experience in chanel Amsterdam. Rushed to get there in time, I arrived 15 mins before closing. They didn't let me in because the store is closed to new customers? If that is a real rule, they should post in on their website. Otherwise it feels rather personal.
Secondly, the heck make it so difficult for me to buy something that's close to 10k.
That seems typical of Chanel and I don't think it's personal. I arrived 30-40 minutes before closing once at a US location and had the same experience. Go during the day. And yeah they don't really care about us personally as customers because they have plenty of us willing to buy !! Sad but true.

Reactions: Shabnami
Hi - do you guys recommend using those 3rd party authentication sites for my Chanel boy? If so, which ones are the best/most trusted on the resale market? There are quite a few of them so just wanted to be sure :smile:

If not, where should I go to get it authenticated?

That seems typical of Chanel and I don't think it's personal. I arrived 30-40 minutes before closing once at a US location and had the same experience. Go during the day. And yeah they don't really care about us personally as customers because they have plenty of us willing to buy !! Sad but true.
Thanks! I made a complaint, we'll see how it goes. If they do it again my money's going to hermes

Morning all…I know we don’t authenticate, but I’m wondering what you think of the grains on this classic flap? It’s from a genuine reseller that I buy a lot from but the caviar grains look a bit flat to me? Or am I overthinking it? I know there are a lot of different caviars and I’m comparing to my old boy bag, which has bigger grains spaced differently. View attachment 5739395
Looks like my classic flap. Looks a-okay to me.

In all fairness, maybe there were not any SAs available to assist you at that time? I would imagine they have to finish helping the clients that are already in the store, and then begin their process of wrapping up for the day to go home. They probably have a list of tasks they need to do once the boutique closes in order to finish their work duties. I find appointments help in this matter, both for the workers, and for the clients so that the clients have a clear understanding of what to expect, and can have as enjoyable an experience as possible.