CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Hi everyone i just purchase a pearl crush mini and clumsy stupid me pulled the chain too far and now its stuck. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or should i just bring it back to the boutique? Also this is my first time purchasing in a while but the bag i received is the new "cotton" dust bag and honestly I'm very disappointed. Is this truly better than the old one?

Oh I wonder why exclusively on tourists only? Do you live in a very touristy area? I suppose it is a great crossbody bag for travel. Fits a good amount and close to the body.
Am in London, so quite touristy yep. Started out looking for a mini myself, but I haven’t seen one in boutiques, except a silver square one being offered to someone else and a square grey in Milan. So whenever I see one in the wild I clock it and stare wistfully (with a sprinkle of envy).
I am not sure why but in my small demographic sample set of observation, there seems to be a particular type of ppl carrying those (maybe not tourists, cld be my mistake), lucky things.

I live in NYC and I've been doing research on buying my first Chanel. Last weekend walking around in Manhattan including Soho, I definitely noticed a lot of Chanel mini flaps, some pearl crush. Some people just wear a Chanel mini square flap to catch the train for the weekend with luggage haha. I feel like now that I notice bags more I also saw someone using a Deuville tote for work. I see tons of Goyard totes in Midtown Manhattan now also.... I really can't tell if they are real or fake.

Reactions: Swathi
I'm heading to New York soon. Anyone shop there recently? Wondering what to expect at the midtown location..are there lines in the morning? What about at Soho? Can the midtown location do an inventory check for the Soho location to avoid an unnecessary trip?

Do people see Chanel 19s in the wild much? I’ve only seen it once, and I live in northern CA. I also asked this question in the clubhouse. Thanks!

Also live in NorCal - only once and it was in a shopping mall.

I tend to see more Chanel boys, interestingly enough

I do wear mine every now and again in NorCal. It would be funny if I were the one you saw.:lol: I think I saw a black one once in Valley Fair. Definitely seeing more classics, boys and WOCs.

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Quick question (& maybe a silly one ) for you all…

Is it “not safe” to wear a lambskin pearl crush mini for a trip when travel by flight due to possible damage of the bag in a busy airport?

I think it might be ok, but it’ll be my first trip wearing this bag and I’m a bit nervous (it was always my calfskin Loewe for out-of-state trips).

My destination is quite dry and hot now so no chance of thunderstorms, and it’s a solo trip for me so no kiddo attached

Thanks for your input! ❤️

Chanel Purchase Limits.....

My SA just told me that the mini Classic are counted toward the Classic limit of 2 per year now. Supposedly this was since June/July. The boutiques I shop at seem to becoming more and more strict on the purchase limits.

Has anyone come across purchase limits when shopping in the European boutiques? Are they being strict on how many you can purchase? 1 bag and 1 small leather good per month?

Is it “not safe” to wear a lambskin pearl crush mini for a trip when travel by flight due to possible damage of the bag in a busy airport?

I think it might be ok, but it’ll be my first trip wearing this bag and I’m a bit nervous (it was always my calfskin Loewe for out-of-state trips).

My destination is quite dry and hot now so no chance of thunderstorms, and it’s a solo trip for me so no kiddo attached

Perfectly safe! I carry a grey lamb mini daily!

Reactions: niwk_bag21

With carry on restrictions (2pieces), I carry my mini lambskin classic in its dustbag which sits at the top of larger tote so I can access it easily plus I have a carryon roller board. I take it out just before deplaning and crossbody it.