CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I need opinions: I'm tempted to do a pre-order for a mini at Hirshleifers for an iridescent caviar mini (black) with ruthenium hardware. But, as always with Hirshleifer's a pre order is a full payment and the mini won't be shipping until November-January. Is this mini coming out at any other stores? Hirshleifers is the only place i've heard of having it, as I didn't know it was going to exist until this week. I really would appreciate any help before making my decision.

Reactions: Lealu
I need opinions: I'm tempted to do a pre-order for a mini at Hirshleifers for an iridescent caviar mini (black) with ruthenium hardware. But, as always with Hirshleifer's a pre order is a full payment and the mini won't be shipping until November-January. Is this mini coming out at any other stores? Hirshleifers is the only place i've heard of having it, as I didn't know it was going to exist until this week. I really would appreciate any help before making my decision.
I know for a fact that Madison Ave boutique will be getting a chevron mini rectangle in black iridescent caviar with silver hardware for Fall Act 1

Need some help from this forum urgently. I sent a Chanel leather boy bag from Australia to USA via DHL with full insurance. The bag has arrived in USA DHL & they now said USA Customs NEED to know where the bag was made (which is Italy) and the address of the manufacturing plant. I have done all my research on the internet, talked to a Chanel Manager in Sydney and called the Customer Service Hotline. No one has this information! If anyone can be of help, please reply to this. I wonder if I am the only one who is so unlucky, I really doubt Chanel is able to even disclose this information to their customers. I email Chanel too but waiting for a response.

Hi ladies,
I am new with Chanel. I would love to purchase a mini caviar with SHW in dark red. Could you please tell me how to purchase one? Thank you so much ladies!!! :heart:
There's no guarantee when that exact specification will turn up, but if you don't mind the wait, then get yourself a good SA so you have first dibs when there's one available soon. Mini tend to fly off the shelf (or rather they usually don't even make it to the shelf). Otherwise, you may want to consider the pre-loved route. Good luck! (Yep, luck plays a big part imo)

Reactions: Daisy2016
There's no guarantee when that exact specification will turn up, but if you don't mind the wait, then get yourself a good SA so you have first dibs when there's one available soon. Mini tend to fly off the shelf (or rather they usually don't even make it to the shelf). Otherwise, you may want to consider the pre-loved route. Good luck! (Yep, luck plays a big part imo)
I see! Thank you so much!!! I don't mind the wait. It is worth it.:heart:

I have purchased 1 mini square and 1 WOC when I was in Europe. So I don't have any SAs here in the US. Does any of you lucky ladies have any good SAs that you could please refer me too? Greatly appreciated. Btw, I live in California if it helps.

Thanks !!!!!

Hi all, anyone know which stores in NYC are most well stocked, preferably in Gabrielle's. :P

I'm dying to get the small full black one in my local boutiques, but no luck for the past few months. Since I'll be going nyc soon, I thought maybe I can try my luck there too. Appreciate your advice! Thanks!

Any Chanel expert here who could share his/her knowledge? :smile:
(Please quote me so I'll be alerted.)

I'm new to Chanel and I'm thinking of getting a mini in caviar. However, I'm not sure if I'd keep it forever because life situation will chage and maybe later I'll just need bigger bags.

What's resell value of the minis as of now? 60% of the retail price or lower?
Which one would have higher resell price: with silver or gold hardware?

Which one will retain the puffiness better: lamb or caviar?

Heyy everyone, would really want your input on this one!
I bought this Chanel Classic Flap in September 2014, and I barely used it. However, when I look at the back of the bag, I notice these wrinkles...is this normal and expected when a bag has barely been used?
I have looked at some videos on youtube about women not closing their bags fully due to the zipper digging into the 2nd flap inside. Could that be a reason why my bag is like that?
Thanks in advance everyone!

Attachments

• 20371116_10155567802029176_2142713216_n.jpg
    20371116_10155567802029176_2142713216_n.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 601
  • 20427632_10155567802019176_796170226_n.jpg
    20427632_10155567802019176_796170226_n.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 604
Hi ladies, was wondering if I could get some advice. I recently bought a classic jumbo caviar leather shw from a Syd boutique. I was torn between lamb and caviar and ended up getting cav for durability etc. However, I'm not in love with the leather. It's seems a bit dull. I have since come to realise that diff seasons/years produced diff types of leather. If I want shiny cav an I better of getting pre loved. Looking at one from 2010 (14 series). Can anyone help me out re the leather from this series. I can't see the bag in person and it's hard to judge from pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi purse lovers!

I just have a story to share and I want to know if this has happened to anyone. I bought a medium/large classic flap with gold hardware on eBay from a reputable Chanel collector. She had a assistant ship out the order and the assistant failed to put my apartment number, so I had to stay at the post office for 2 hours and call USPS (for a total of nearly 4 hours) but finally got the box about an hour ago.

When I opened it, I was saddened to reveal a brand new (with authenticity card, dustbag, and box) black caviar double flap jumbo with silver hardware, but I already own a black lambskin single flap jumbo from pre-fall 2008 (less structured, more casual). I'm going to send it back tomorrow because I feel bad for the seller and don't want to take something that I didn't pay the full-value amount for. I hope that I can receive the bag I ordered as soon as possible because I've been so excited about it, but now I feel very disappointed and I hope it doesn't dull the experience of receiving the bag that I've wanted for so, so long.

What do you guys think about this? Also, how did you feel when you got a Chanel bag that you really, really wanted and waited for for a while?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg-6.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpg-6.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 485
Last edited: