CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

OMG, I saw today on the bus a lady caring a VERY interesting Chanel. She was wearing the bag cross body, it had a chunky chain like the boy (it wasn't a boy), and had a CC closure but not like the classic ones. It was beautiful! I couldn't take a picture, unfortunately. I will try to look it up on google, but if anyone has any guesses, please let me know! If it's a bag from this season, I think I'm getting my first Chanel! Finally!
Hmmm... Chanel quite frequently make seasonal bags with boy bag like chains. A couple of crowd favorites from recent seasons are the City Rock bag and the Perfect Edge bag. I posted a photo of the City rock bag and a mod photo of me with my Perfect Edge bag. wondering if one of them might be the one you saw?
City Rock.jpg
Perfect Edge.jpg

Hmmm... Chanel quite frequently make seasonal bags with boy bag like chains. A couple of crowd favorites from recent seasons are the City Rock bag and the Perfect Edge bag. I posted a photo of the City rock bag and a mod photo of me with my Perfect Edge bag. wondering if one of them might be the one you saw?
View attachment 3575788
View attachment 3575787
Thanks a lot For the pictures Vanana! It looked more like the first one, but I think it was caviar leather. By the way, amazing shoes! :smile:

Thanks a lot For the pictures Vanana! It looked more like the first one, but I think it was caviar leather. By the way, amazing shoes! :smile:
Thanks! well the first bag is made of awesome durable goatskin. can't think of the bag you might be referring to off the top of my head beside these 2 for now :smile:

Hi ladies and gents! I'd LOVE a light pink classic flap like the one thats out for cuba cruise collection, but I'm not planning on buying another bag for a while. Just wondering if any one knows how often a light pink CF comes around? ...Every year... every few years... thanks in advance!

Does anyone know when Chanel is raising its prices next? I am thinking about getting a 2.55, want to make sure I buy it before those prices go up again.

Where do you live? The UK had two prices at the end of last year, and I haven't heard anything of an upcoming one. I have heard rumors about Europe increasing their prices mid-February, which wouldn't be surprising to be honest! Act II prices have been released for the US and no price increase yet. I've seen some people talk about a 20% increase this year in the US, which hopefully won't be the case. :facepalm:The most helpful/accurate website I've come across is chanelprices.com . It's accurate as far as I have seen and they have all the classic bag prices. There's also this thread about price increases: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/next-price-increase.690568/page-353#post-30968372. Hope that helps!

Reactions: jleopold
Does a sample bag have any special markings?
depends, some of the bags made for employees (who later decide to sell them) will have a 'made in' label that is from china or turkey or elsewhere. sometimes sample bags, like items given away for free at photo shoots and events might have some marking inside or the hologram is crossed out, etc. to make it harder to resell. it depends. you sometimes can tell and sometimes can't tell if a bag is a sample, because even the sample bags have authenticity cards and stickers

Reactions: ari
depends, some of the bags made for employees (who later decide to sell them) will have a 'made in' label that is from china or turkey or elsewhere. sometimes sample bags, like items given away for free at photo shoots and events might have some marking inside or the hologram is crossed out, etc. to make it harder to resell. it depends. you sometimes can tell and sometimes can't tell if a bag is a sample, because even the sample bags have authenticity cards and stickers
Do they ever have an S stamped in the inside leather?

Has anyone had anything similar?:

I just bought a Chanel bag on Vestiaire Collective.

I was desperately looking for a red caviar WOC but none currently available anywhere.

There was one for sale on VC. It was listed as new/unused and when I specifically asked the person how old it was and when it was purchased they said it was purchased last year and never used.

Photos of red bags never show the colour well but I have seen the red caviar WOCs that were released last year and knew I liked them so decided to purchase. I paid slightly more than retail as I desperately wanted it (and the VC fees are high etc).

I've just received it and the bag I have received is a 19 series which is obviously from 2014 not last year.... (and obviously a completely different shade of red). Whilst I don't hate the bag itself there is no way that I would have paid as much as I did if I had known it was that old/that specific release (and would have cost half what I paid) and feel I have been misled and the item isn't as described.

I'm so disappointed and really annoyed at being lied to/mis-sold the bag.

Has anyone had a similar experience with VC or another resell site? I'm worried I won't be able to get my money back.

VC claim to inspect the bag before they send it to you and cleared it as compliant with the listing but obviously it's not. Has anyone had to go through challenging this before?

Hi ladies! Please help, I just purchased today the WOC from one lady, it's like new.. except one problem I didn't notice at first.. the black zipper pull is kind off chipped scratched on the sides where turning part is touching.. is it ok ? Wear and tear? The WOC is new it was bought in October 2016 according to the receipt. What should I do? Go to Chanel store with receipt or leave it alone? Thank you all for any advice. I'm new to Chanel, it's my first Chanel bag..