Chanel chain link turn inwards?

pongpongchik

Aug 12, 2009
Hi girls,

Do any of your Chanels have the chain link from the chain-leather woven straps move or shift around? I noticed last night that one of the chain links on my M/L turns inwards. I have to twist it back in place or else that part of the strap looks bundled up...but, it doesn't happen all the time. Odd? I'm not sure if any of you have had this problem or even understand what I'm talking about lol I've noticed the same issue on my Jumbo, but didn't discover the problem until a few years after purchase from the boutique. And again, it doesn't happen every time I use it. Weird. Anyone else notice this? Will the link eventually straighten after more use? I'm guessing it's crooked due to storage. Any insight is much appreciated!

Happens to me as well. The chains on the reissues are worse!

Hi, I just received my medium reissue and I'm finding the chain kinks frequently. Do you find that it lessens with age, or is it just the way it will be? I'm wondering if there is something that I can put on it that will prevent it yet not harm the finish. Possibly a silicone substance? Just wanted someone else's opinion who owns a reissue. Otherwise I really like it. Thanks!