Chanel Chain Horror Story

Jul 18, 2011
So I received this bag about 2 months ago and haven't shared because I've been slowly trying to restore my rare vintage basket bag. Continue reading below for the horror story!

So about 2 months ago I was perusing the preloved mark and spotted a Vintage Chanel bag I have been searching for for YEARS. I bought it immediately. It was purchased from a VERY reputable preloved site (the name of the site is not necessary because mistakes happen and they handled the mistake well after I emailed them). Anyways, the bag arrived and much to my horror whoever had packed the bag left the chains unwrapped to LAY against the back of this lambskin bag for a WEEK (it was shipped around the holidays so that slowed shipping). I was horrified when I recieved the bag. Returns weren't an option because I had been looking for this exact bag for years and the only other ones I had seen were 5-10k in eBay.

So thanks to the advice I found on TPF I've slowly lessened the chain dents. I posted the before and "in the process" shots below. If anyone is curious I've gently used my hairdryer on high heat for about 2-3 seconds and rubbed the debts gently with clean hands. It's definitely not 100% but it's better and I can live with it. I'll update it if I get them out completely.

Let me know what you guys would've done?! Any tricks? Thanks!!
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bisoux78 and Meowwu

moniiique

Jun 9, 2013
San Diego
The first picture made me gasp in horror and the second one made me sigh relief! You've certainly done a great job! The only other trick I know is just "massaging" the dented area with a clean, dry finger in a circular motion.

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
Your efforts definitely made a huge difference. It's a shame that they had packaged the bag in that manner.

cjj

O.G.
Mar 3, 2007
You have done an amazing job with those dents!! I'll remember your trick should this happen to me in the future (though being honest, I sincerely hope it doesn't!). Your bag looks beautiful; you are to be commended for how you handled such a disappointing situation.

Bisoux78

Jul 26, 2012
Strawberry Fields
So I received this bag about 2 months ago and haven't shared because I've been slowly trying to restore my rare vintage basket bag. Continue reading below for the horror story!
So about 2 months ago I was perusing the preloved mark and spotted a Vintage Chanel bag I have been searching for for YEARS. I bought it immediately. It was purchased from a VERY reputable preloved site (the name of the site is not necessary because mistakes happen and they handled the mistake well after I emailed them). Anyways, the bag arrived and much to my horror whoever had packed the bag left the chains unwrapped to LAY against the back of this lambskin bag for a WEEK (it was shipped around the holidays so that slowed shipping). I was horrified when I recieved the bag. Returns weren't an option because I had been looking for this exact bag for years and the only other ones I had seen were 5-10k in eBay.
So thanks to the advice I found on TPF I've slowly lessened the chain dents. I posted the before and "in the process" shots below. If anyone is curious I've gently used my hairdryer on high heat for about 2-3 seconds and rubbed the debts gently with clean hands. It's definitely not 100% but it's better and I can live with it. I'll update it if I get them out completely.
Let me know what you guys would've done?! Any tricks? Thanks!!
View attachment 3611626 View attachment 3611629
WOW! You are a miracle worker! Enjoy your unicorn piece!

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
Great job on fixing this. I'm so sorry it happened to you!!!!

I'd love to see a full shot of the bag. It looks intriguing. :smile:

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
Try steaming with a towel over it to catch excess moisture. Works really well in getting dents out of my chevron as well as puffing quilts up! But only do for a few seconds at a time!