Chanel CF owners! Is this a normal thing to happen for a CF bag?!

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, I purchased a CF black caviar in small with silver hardware. My country doesn't stock CF small normally so it's nearly impossible to buy and I am travel banned to visit the other country because of covid-19 travel ban:oh:. However, the country where my bf stays has it in stock pretty often so I could luckily get it a few days ago. Besides all these, let me get to the point. So I have this concern about "air bubble" "air pocket" inside of the bag like the bag lining. While I was searching for what to look for before buying a CF, I watched this youtuber and she had this issue. I was hoping mine doesn't but when he was at the store, I asked if there's any and he could feel the bubble a bit. But the SAs said it's not a problem? I sent him the video and asked if it's as bad as the video of youtuber and he mentioned it's exactly like that. So I wanted to hear opinions of you guys and ask if this is a normal thing or a defect...One kind lady on my other post has told me that she has seen it happening on the bags nowadays..but I'd like to hear more opinions! Thank you for all your time. The store didn't let a customers taking a video so I only have a photo of mine 757E8DA6-2CD7-4AD6-B0C7-19AFAFFE417F.jpeg
I could see the bottom is bit bubbled up if you can tell or not..
And this is the youtube video I watched and found really informative and helpful as below.
Does yours have any problem like hers as starting from 6:55-7:28
So after that, I was really confused if this is normal or abnormal...so I asked my SA for a video of another bag at the store (when i was buying, mine was only one in stock), and she kindly sent me.
Do you think this one also has the issue?
My bf said a lot better than mine..
I'm so sorry to keep mentioning my bf but he was the one there purchasing my bag for me..
Anyways, have you guys ever had this same issue? Or is this not an issue?
Should I exchange or not, I don't know if there will be a brand new one in stock before upcoming price increase which we have no clue when..Or if it's just me being exteremly paranoid and picky about the bag..

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2016
Don’t worry about it! Just enjoy your bag. When you start stuffing your bag, I’m sure the lining will flatten out more. I don’t have my CF with me right now but I’m sure mine was like this too.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1

Klaneckya

Feb 26, 2019
Yes, it’s normal. Some have more. I have few Chanel bags and each one has different amount indent.

Blindii

@this_peggylikes
Dec 21, 2009
My 10 year old reissue has a lot of ‘air bubble’. My new medium CF doesn’t. These are expensive bags, so if it bothers you, exchange it. I had to do that because the first CF I got had a loose stitch right by the clasp. The SA said it’s no big deal and they can just tuck it in, but it was a big deal to me and that was all I could see. Good luck.

Reactions: Shanneo

azzazza

Jun 7, 2019
For any new bags from recent years this is pretty typical. I had a fresh 29 series from boutique with this issue. My suggestion is to find a preloved in mint condition if it bothers you a lot; I sold the 29 series and bought a 12 series instead. The lining sits flat. Good luck!

vivaciousbev1

Oct 11, 2017
My medium cf doesn’t have this issue. My small does. My grey CF had this issue; after two uses it flatteened out completely. I wouldn’t let the lining bother u but rather the stitching and if the flap is symmetrical.

Oct 22, 2020
Don’t worry about it! Just enjoy your bag. When you start stuffing your bag, I’m sure the lining will flatten out more. I don’t have my CF with me right now but I’m sure mine was like this too.
Hi! Thank you for sharing your opinion and sorry for the late response! I read your comment and it helped me making up my mind! I posted regarding this so if you have some time, please check it out

Oct 22, 2020
My 10 year old reissue has a lot of ‘air bubble’. My new medium CF doesn’t. These are expensive bags, so if it bothers you, exchange it. I had to do that because the first CF I got had a loose stitch right by the clasp. The SA said it’s no big deal and they can just tuck it in, but it was a big deal to me and that was all I could see. Good luck.
Hi blindii! Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comment helped me making my decision. I'm surprised that it happened to your old beauty instead of new one. Because I tend to think the old chanel craftsmanship was way better. I think it also happens to each bag like maybe luck..? Regardless of where it's made and when. I made a post about this!
I decided to go with mine :smile:. If you have some time, check it out.

Oct 22, 2020
For any new bags from recent years this is pretty typical. I had a fresh 29 series from boutique with this issue. My suggestion is to find a preloved in mint condition if it bothers you a lot; I sold the 29 series and bought a 12 series instead. The lining sits flat. Good luck!
I actually considered that too! But my country here in Asia, there are so many super fakes out there which drives me even more crazy! And real real or fashionphile not available for me. I decided to go with mine and thank you for your advice!
Here's my experience and decision.

Reactions: azzazza
Oct 22, 2020
My medium cf doesn’t have this issue. My small does. My grey CF had this issue; after two uses it flatteened out completely. I wouldn’t let the lining bother u but rather the stitching and if the flap is symmetrical.
Thank you for sharing your experience! After reading your comment, I got some peace of mind. I thought the SAs were just saying it as they normally say everything is not a big deal! So I really needed real opinion from real experience like yours! I made a post regarding this and thought I should let you know and thank you.

Oct 22, 2020
My Chanel classic flap has this issue
It’s gotten better but it was a lot worse in the beginning
Thank you! At first, I thought it was not as this normal before reading your comment and some of others! I made a post regarding my decision and shopping experience.
I thought as you might be wondering what I decided (just my thought) and wanted to thank you, so I share it with you!