Chanel Cerf Tote original or seasonal? Buy or not?

I bought mine in December and I have used it quite a bit over the last few months. I have not noticed any sagging at all. I do not use the long strap so I'm not sure if that makes any difference? Mine still seems quite stiff. I also use a bag organizer that I got from Samorga. I like to frequently change bags and the organizer makes that easy to do.

One more question! Is your bag the seasonal tote or the original version? Thank you! :smile:

Love my Cerf tote but I think what a lot of people are forgetting is this bag is leather so will soften, even my 2 GST bags have slight sagging on the bottom, I think as long as you store it stuffed when your not using it then it will take longer to sag....... I have the original in blue which is from 2013 & I much prefer carrying this bag compared to my Birkin which is much heavier & no shoulder strap.
I can't recommend this bag enough, it's a pleasure to carry & I really don't understand why people are always complaining about sagging...... It happens with any leather bag eventually!!

Love my Cerf tote but I think what a lot of people are forgetting is this bag is leather so will soften, even my 2 GST bags have slight sagging on the bottom, I think as long as you store it stuffed when your not using it then it will take longer to sag....... I have the original in blue which is from 2013 & I much prefer carrying this bag compared to my Birkin which is much heavier & no shoulder strap.
I can't recommend this bag enough, it's a pleasure to carry & I really don't understand why people are always complaining about sagging...... It happens with any leather bag eventually!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with the bag! I agree - I'm fine with the leather softening, but I've seen people post pictures of these bags and they have completely lost their shape and sag so much they look like they've been stepped on. That's what terrifies me lol!

Thanks again for taking the time to post! :smile:

I was in the Chanel boutique today looking at Cerfs. I grabbed the white one and it was really heavy. The SA said it was deerskin and that the past season ones are smaller (which may mean the classic). The 'regular' sized one wasn't that much smaller but felt way lighter. FWIW I didn't love the dimensions of the seasonal - it was longer so looked too rectangular to me.

I was in the Chanel boutique today looking at Cerfs. I grabbed the white one and it was really heavy. The SA said it was deerskin and that the past season ones are smaller (which may mean the classic). The 'regular' sized one wasn't that much smaller but felt way lighter. FWIW I didn't love the dimensions of the seasonal - it was longer so looked too rectangular to me.

Thanks for the information! I was thinking it was just my imagination, but I thought the seasonal seemed bigger too. I just called Neiman's (where I purchased my "classic" executive tote) and they have the deerskin in stock in black with GHW - which was unavailable at every other Chanel boutique I called, so I am going to take my bag in and compare so I can make my final decision and start using my new bag lol! :smile:

Thanks for the information! I was thinking it was just my imagination, but I thought the seasonal seemed bigger too. I just called Neiman's (where I purchased my "classic" executive tote) and they have the deerskin in stock in black with GHW - which was unavailable at every other Chanel boutique I called, so I am going to take my bag in and compare so I can make my final decision and start using my new bag lol! :smile:
I'll be curious to know what you decide. I really need a 'workhorse' bag - something I can toss my laptop into, that looks totally professional but also luxe (well the luxe bit is something I want.) I want something that will stay fairly structured but not too heavy which is hard to find.