Chanel Cerf Tote original or seasonal? Buy or not?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm decided on my next Chanel purchase and I was wondering if everyone still likes the Cerf tote? I know they have recently come out with a seasonal one that seems to have thicker leather and maybe studier. There seems to be mixed feelings of wether the seasonal one is better. I would prefer to get whichever one holds it's shape better. I don't like very floppy bags and I don't want it to age quickly. Any advice? Original or seasonal? Or advice against buying the Cerf Tote? :smile:

2. I'd like to know others opinions, too. I just bought the original version yesterday because I think it looks nicer overall (the seasonal looked very bulky). I'm going to buy a purse organizer in hopes that it will help the bag retain its shape, but I'm interested in hearing others thoughts since I can still exchange the bag. :smile:

3. I purchased the original black with gold hardware as I too like structured bags and thought it was understated and beautiful. However, when I was out and about I spotted a lady with one that had gone very floppy. It looked like a completely different bag and had lost all its structure.

From my research, it seems this bag loses it's shape quickly. I returned mine :sad: Still waiting for Chanel to release something with the structure of the GST but without the huge CCs. The wait continues....

4. The cerf is a very nice tote IMO. If you will treat it well, it will age gracefully. :smile:

5. I LOVE my cerf and have used it moderately since I bought it, although not much in the last year. I can see mild sagging at the sides when the bag is set down to sit on it's own but it's nothing abnormal. I think it is a beautiful bag that will age well and an organizer will help it to keep it's shape tremendously. I imagine that would be a lot like keeping it stuffed all the time. I can see how some could lose their shape over time and I kind of think that is the intention of the design otherwise it would have been constructed a bit differently and with much heavier leather. I haven't seen the seasonal version so I can't give an opinion on which to get, but I'll say that I think the classic is "classic" for a reason and absolutely gorgeous!

6. I have the seasonal and I wear it on weekdays to school with a laptop and etc inside. So far so good with the bag retaining it's shape. Only downside is that it's heavy but that's because of what I put inside. =) I highly suggest getting the cerf if you need a daily bag.

7. Hi! How long have you had your bag? I'm thinking I may exchange the one I purchased for the seasonal. I'm so paranoid about it losing its shape and then regretting that I bought it. The only compromise I'd have to make if I exchange it, though, is that I'd have to get it with SHW (I haven't been able to locate the seasonal with GHW in my area)...

8. i have the cerf and i love it! i like the way it looks more worn in so its not so stiff looking. i keep the strap on and i think it makes the sides sag a little bit, so i would maybe suggest not using the long strap. i got mine last march so its the regular caviar fabric. love it!

9. I bought mine in December and I have used it quite a bit over the last few months. I have not noticed any sagging at all. I do not use the long strap so I'm not sure if that makes any difference? Mine still seems quite stiff. I also use a bag organizer that I got from Samorga. I like to frequently change bags and the organizer makes that easy to do.

10. Darn! I wish I'd seen these organizers before I ordered mine! They look really nice. Do you remember which size you purchased?

11. I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's the one that fits the Celine Luggage or Trapeze. I also have a Trapeze and it fits nicely in there, too.

12. No experience with the Cerf tote seasonal but the original tends to be floppy from the get-go. It actually kind of bothers me because the floppiness/sloppiness of the bag almost makes it look like a fake. Though, perhaps a sturdy bag shaper probably would help a bit (like the ones for Hermes bags by Divide and Conquer on etsy). When it's held in the crook of the arm --so that the leather is pulled up and appears more structured-- I think the bag looks quite smart. Very chic tote - Kamala Harris, Atty. Gen. of CA, carries one to work!

13. For a few weeks but so far so good. It's quite heavy but I wear it with the strap and it's holding it's shape still with all the stuff I put in it.

14. Do you have a pic of your bag in its current state?