Chanel cerf tote datecode

The Serial # won't tell you that. The tag would tell you that. If it says 00V it is classic permanent collection. If it starts with say 14A (or similar) it's seasonal. Also if it's black it could be permanent or seasonal, as I believe there were different leathers in recent seasons. (someone with more knowledge on the Cerf can jump in...) If it's anything other than Black than it's definitely seasonal.

ETA: Just saw your picture, since it's Black I'd really need to see the tag. As I said hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Cerf Tote can comment.

Last edited:
No, I think lallybelle means the price tag. There's a code written on the tag which will say 00V (classic) or 14B, C, A, P (possibly other letters after 14, which all mean seasonal).

Looking at the leather, it looks like the seasonal goatskin one and not the classic caviar. You can ask your SA to be sure. Sometimes the photos can be tricky, especially for the black.

The seasonal one is more heavy. I had the seasonal goatskin in black but it felt too heavy and I preferred the caviar, so I purchased the classic caviar black. The leather is also different. The goatskin is more thicker and matte. The classic caviar is more shiny, just like the usually caviar, almost like a coat of shiny wax. It's preference on what you like.
Cerf tote is a beautiful bag. I didn't see the long strap, but it comes with a detachable long strap. I am sure you got it, but just FYI to be sure.

There is a cerf tote thread that you can view.

I hope that helps.

Congratulations on your bag!

The Serial # won't tell you that. The tag would tell you that. If it says 00V it is classic permanent collection. If it starts with say 14A (or similar) it's seasonal. Also if it's black it could be permanent or seasonal, as I believe there were different leathers in recent seasons. (someone with more knowledge on the Cerf can jump in...) If it's anything other than Black than it's definitely seasonal.

ETA: Just saw your picture, since it's Black I'd really need to see the tag. As I said hopefully someone with more knowledge of the Cerf Tote can comment.

i have seen this guide, is this true? http://www.ebay.com/gds/GUIDE-CHANEL-SERIAL-NUMBERS-BY-YEAR-MANUFACTURED-/10000000177190204/g.html

Thank you for all your help I did get a strap but don't think this style of bag works with the strap, I am a bit disappointed with the weight and concerned he squashy this bag might get in several years, I was torn between this one and the timeless tote , I think I might send it back till I am totally sure xx

I bought mine in Paris in 2010 also without the tag but on my invoice is the code 00V. I also don't use the strap and store the bag stuffed to keep it's shape.
Looking at your invoice I would say it's a seasonal but I'm not sure.

If you want the timeless tote don't wait too much because a SA told me they will be discontinued.

Thank you for all your help I did get a strap but don't think this style of bag works with the strap, I am a bit disappointed with the weight and concerned he squashy this bag might get in several years, I was torn between this one and the timeless tote , I think I might send it back till I am totally sure xx

Yes. If it's heavy, I think you have the seasonal. I got rid of my seasonal for that reason (SA convinced me goatskin is new and is better and I didn't listen to my gut... Big mistake). I then bought the classic and it is so much lighter. Another person in the Cerf Tote thread said the same.

I love the GST so that may be an option. I know some folks think it's too boxy, but I like that look.

Good luck to you!

EDIT: I just checked my tag code and it is different from the codes on your receipt. I think you have the seasonal black.

Last edited: