Chanel Cerf or LV Artsy MM leather

Jan 3, 2009
The True North
This isn't totally related, but I had the Mono Artsy MM and the strap was so hard it hurt my shoulder, and the bag was pretty empty. I think the Cerf tote may be better for work.

Cici122

Dec 1, 2008
Dallas, TX
This isn't totally related, but I had the Mono Artsy MM and the strap was so hard it hurt my shoulder, and the bag was pretty empty. I think the Cerf tote may be better for work.
I totally agree. I tried on the Artsy in the store before and the handle just didn't work...I have a Cerf tote and it is way more comfortable than the artsy regardless you wear it on your shoulder or not. Hope this helps :cool:

hc1113

Nov 14, 2010
The Great White North
IMO the Artsy is more "casual?" and the Cerf is more "work". I may be misunderstanding the "work" purpose here (ie just taking it to work or actually using it for files and what not) but the Cerf tote, I think, is less slouchy and therefore better for toting files back and forth from work--I hate when my files/papers get crunched in a bag...

luxeluv

Nov 18, 2011
I vote Cerf. The Artsy is a more casual bag and too slouchy for general office work attire.

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
the Mothership
Those two styles are sooo different. Regardless of what you plan to use it for, I prefer the cerf. It is a classic style and I think you will get a lot of use out of it. It is structured, but can still look casual depending on what you wear with it. GL!

snowie0201

Jun 3, 2011
I'm stuck between those too! I think the cerf would be better. I think I'm going to get one when they come in. The cerf just seems more appropriate for any occasion. Does anyone know how much the cerf is going for now?