Chanel Cerf or Hermes Birkin?

amyg2012

Mar 18, 2012
I have a Birkin and I am wondering if I should trade it for Chanel Cerf.

I really do not like purses with big logo on them. Most Chanel purses have big logo on them and people can easily spot them. When I was young I liked them but as I get older, I prefer something understated. My preference is Tod's, Ferragamo, Hermes purses. And I really started loving Chanel Cerf.

However, it is often kinda pain in the butt that I cannot wear my Birkin on my shoulder. I like everything about Birkin except this point and overpricing.

So I am wondering if I should just sell my Birkin and get a Chanel cerf.
Anybody who have either a Birkin or Chanel Cerf, talk to me please!!

I would keep the Birkin to use for special occasions and not as an everyday bag. I love the Chanel Cerf and plan to get one in Paris this month. I tried it on and the straps fit nicely over my shoulder.

I just think the value of your Birkin will only increase over the years. Keep it and save up for the cerf. You are probably just tired of the non-shoulder wear and I know that it gets heavy when things are inside. Perhaps just by rotating your bags, it will help. HTH!

I love love loooove my Birkin. Wearing Birkin's front towards you (and the butt looking at the world) makes it more unrecognisable to others, so it's not that flashy as some people might think.

I own a cerf and I would trade it for a birkin in a heartbeat. I can't carry my cerf on my shoulders. For the love of all that is good and handbag holy, keep the birkin!

I think you should keep your B and use it sometimes when you want to. You can always get a cerf in a different color than your B and use that as well. No need to part with your Birkin.

I have a Birkin and I am wondering if I should trade it for Chanel Cerf.

I really do not like purses with big logo on them. Most Chanel purses have big logo on them and people can easily spot them. When I was young I liked them but as I get older, I prefer something understated. My preference is Tod's, Ferragamo, Hermes purses. And I really started loving Chanel Cerf.

However, it is often kinda pain in the butt that I cannot wear my Birkin on my shoulder. I like everything about Birkin except this point and overpricing.

So I am wondering if I should just sell my Birkin and get a Chanel cerf.
Anybody who have either a Birkin or Chanel Cerf, talk to me please!!
The cerf was my first and I sold it. I now own Birkins in a few sizes but miss my cerf ;-( Loved the size, the softness of the deerskin, the rolled handles were softer and it was easier to use everyday. Easy in and out. Lighter-weight too. Not sure I would sell my Birkin to get a cerf tote but am definitely thinking of getting one in addition to.

I don't know that I'd sell the Birkin... I'd just add a Cerf down the line. You can always carry your Birkin backwards if you'd like... only those in the know about designers/bags will know what it is anyway. I actually own a Birkin and don't use it much, because quite frankly, it isn't user friendly and I MUCH prefer shoulder bags. I'm not even sure how ppl use Birkins on a daily basis, haha. :P That said, it does have its (minimal) use, fills a color/hardware void and the price I paid was fantastic (definitely cannot get another for it), so I plan to keep it. :smile:

I would recommend selling the Birkin if you no longer find it usefull....but NOT for a cerf tote.

Over the past couple years I've sold all my Birkin/Kellys cause I just wasn't using them enough.....and don't regret it one bit. The only Hermes bag I have left is an etoupe Evelyne which I kept b/c it actually is functional and I use it tons.

I think a lot of Birkin owners get caught up in the status of the bag and keep it for that reason.....but ultimately, you gotta do what's right for you.

If it doesn't fit your needs and you want a bag that you can use and enjoy often, then perhaps like what some of the posters say, reserve the Birkin for special occasions and the Cerf for daily use, or sell the Birkin if you don't feel particularly attached to it. Or how about a Kelly so that you get to be hands free?