Chanel Caviar Medium Flap (which one to choose?)

Amberlight

Oct 11, 2018
Hello Ladies/Guys!
I'm in dilemma.
As you know, the classic flap's price hike up so high even in preloved market, due to recent Chanel price increase :sad:
And now I found 3 sellers selling theirs and kinda good price (imo). But I really not sure which one to go for?

#18 series, SHW - 3980USD. Full set with receipt, but probably need to send for bagspa or polish alittle as owner has not been using and store in wardrobe. Leather looks abit dry if want to be picky.
#20 series, SHW - 4800USD. Full set with receipt. Leather looks puffier and shinier than #18 series.
#25 series, GHW - 5600USD. Full set with receipt. Condition is close to Brand New.

I would say their condition are great to excellent. Overall, all bags have no scuff, and even HW also no obvious scratches.

Possible to give me some advice? (if you were me) I am fine with either HW colour. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: fdc and jmaew
Hi!

My reply is a little late as I just found this thread while searching for other peoples' opinions on the #20 series caviar leather (A month or so ago I purchased a #20 series jumbo black caviar classic flap with ghw).

Are the bags in caviar or lambskin?

Based off of the info you gave, I would choose either the #20 series with shw or the #25 series with ghw. If you have no preference between shw and ghw then the #20 series is a great option with the price being lower than the #25 series. If the bag you are purchasing is black, I have heard that the ghw generally a higher resale value than the shw so that may be something to take into consideration if that is something you may be interested in in the future.

Personally, I would go for the ghw if the bag is black because of the reason I mentioned above plus I just prefer the look of it on a black bag. Interested to hear what you decided! Best of luck :smile:

Reactions: Amberlight
Hi, what did you buy finally?
A reseller also offered me medium black caviar CF with SHW in 20 and 25 series in excellent/like new condition. The prices are 600 and 6400 USD respectively so quite higher than what you found. I don’t know if it’s worth it.

Hello ladies!

Thanks so much for your replies!
In the end I found another one which she offered about 6000usd for a 29 series, black caviar ghw. Thou it is much higher than the series I mentioned earlier, but I thought for 6000usd, full set and brand new for a 29 series, was kinda worth it. So I went for that. No regrets!

And yes, I decided ghw because after comparing with the shw, I felt that I loved this combi more, and probably when I aged even more, that matches too? Hehe. And also thought that the resell value will be higher(in any case I wish to sell away).

I suggest to go and see both bags personally, feel the material as different series have differs texture. Hope that helps!

• Love
Reactions: fdc
Congratulations, black with GHW surely is a classic! I have small beige clair CF with GHW so I want to get black with SHW to have more variety ;)
May I know where you had found the initial bags?