Chanel casual journey and easy flap bag

Oct 25, 2020
NYC
I’ve collected my fair share of Chanel bags over the years, and also have sold off a few after realizing it didn’t fit my lifestyle. It wasn’t until recently that I discovered the easy flap bag and casual journey bag. I wasn’t able to find too much information about these bags because they’re seasonal bags from ~2014.
The easy flap bag is a bit more rectangular shaped and not as tall as the casual journey. Additionally, the easy flap bag has a seam on the back, while the casual journey does not. The easy flap bag has one zipper pull while the casual journey has two.
I LOVE these bags because they have the look and function of the classic flaps, with the added security of a zipper and internal back pocket that you can slide your phone or other things into.
The caviar leather is also a lot more malleable and softer, which makes it a more casual bag. It’s also very lightweight. The best part is they easily go crossbody with a strap drop of 20.5 in. The size is comparable to the m/l classic flap. I’m excited to use these on my future travels.
Does anybody else own either of these bags? I’m so excited I was able to get my hands on these from the preloved market at a great price for a full set.

4910FBD9-B527-43E9-9CDB-A4BB332FC5D6.jpeg

4E2DFB7B-E50C-42A8-A283-1A5DA4F7220A.jpeg

7EE7272D-5F5E-49CC-B941-35413E5584ED.jpeg

58BB41F2-E94E-4AEE-BE9B-AEDDFEC3EF81.jpeg

CEC8846C-25D7-4F04-9238-48EF9AFE9773.jpeg

Jan 9, 2016
These look like very versatile bags! I like the length of the crossbody strap. 20 inches is about what I like for my height. I may have to search for one of them preloved!

Reactions: WheresMyChanel

carmen56

Dec 29, 2015
London, UK
I have an Easy Flap in red and I love it! It's my every day bag, I like that it's more lightweight and casual than my Classic Flap, which only comes out on very special occasions.

Lwy

Sep 20, 2015
London
Thanks for showing these, they look great! I have just recently started my Chanel journey so this is my first encounter of them. The caviar looks a lot softer than the CF and I like the added security of the zipper! Would you say they're similar to the rectangular mini in terms of size and capacity?

Shanneo

Jul 27, 2017
Ooh I love these , just curious will they be releasing these designs in boutique ? Or are they currently only available in prelove market ?

Oct 25, 2020
NYC
Thanks for showing these, they look great! I have just recently started my Chanel journey so this is my first encounter of them. The caviar looks a lot softer than the CF and I like the added security of the zipper! Would you say they're similar to the rectangular mini in terms of size and capacity?
Definitely larger than a mini rectangular! Because the caviar is softer, I would even say it can hold more than the m/l classic flap, despite being similar/slightly smaller :smile:

Reactions: Lwy
Oct 25, 2020
NYC
Ooh I love these , just curious will they be releasing these designs in boutique ? Or are they currently only available in prelove market ?
I would love to know this as well! Seems like a great everyday bag.
I haven't seen these bags in the boutique :sad: I think your best bet will be to look on the preloved market! Would love for these to make a comeback though!

Reactions: Shanneo
Oct 25, 2020
NYC
Here are mod shots on a mannequin! The beige is the casual journey, black is the easy flap in the medium size. [The easy flap also comes in a mini and jumbo which is MUCH larger!]

Reactions: Shanneo

Watchie

Jan 6, 2016
I really want the easy flap - I seldom reach for my jumbo CF as too too heavy but I like the look of it. I recently purchased the CC crown (last week) resale and it's got a similar look and feel to your two. Can't wait to use it post-pandemic - I see myself reaching for it because it looks like the classic flaps but SO lightweight and easy to get in and out of due to the zipper! I think you must love these bags!!

• Love
Oct 25, 2020
NYC
I really want the easy flap - I seldom reach for my jumbo CF as too too heavy but I like the look of it. I recently purchased the CC crown (last week) resale and it's got a similar look and feel to your two. Can't wait to use it post-pandemic - I see myself reaching for it because it looks like the classic flaps but SO lightweight and easy to get in and out of due to the zipper! I think you must love these bags!!
So glad to hear you were able to find a similar bag! :smile: I haven’t heard of the CC crown. I’d love to see photos of your bag!

I hope Chanel reintroduces this style as a seasonal bag in future collections. It really is so functional, and I actually prefer them to my classics

Watchie

Jan 6, 2016
So glad to hear you were able to find a similar bag! :smile: I haven’t heard of the CC crown. I’d love to see photos of your bag!

I hope Chanel reintroduces this style as a seasonal bag in future collections. It really is so functional, and I actually prefer them to my classics
I agree with you!! I'm a newbie but will try to post pics of my bag. Literally met someone in a parking lot to buy it LOL and have had it in the closet since!

Watchie

Jan 6, 2016
Ok this is me trying my first post with pics here!
I think there is great value to be had on the resale market in these styles EF876A10-FCA2-4A42-AE1E-27C316742F9A.jpeg 91F5D3BE-290A-46A2-A199-799A56B2AB2A.jpeg 21E2EFBF-D351-4034-8828-EE7A2E6155D3.png EF876A10-FCA2-4A42-AE1E-27C316742F9A.jpeg 91F5D3BE-290A-46A2-A199-799A56B2AB2A.jpeg 21E2EFBF-D351-4034-8828-EE7A2E6155D3.png as you can get them at half the price of the classic flaps - and you get a bag they no longer make! I would love the easy flap you have - in that same colour!

Attachments

• Love

Watchie

Jan 6, 2016

Attachments