Chanel camera bag or LV pochette metis for a mommy of little ones?

Vintage Chanel camera bag or the LV empreinte metis?

• Chanel camera bag

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • LV pochette metis

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters
Dec 11, 2006
As a mom of a two year old and another on the way, I'm looking for a good medium size crossbody bag.

A lot of people recommend the LV pochette metis, for which I favor the empreinte leather. However, this Chanel camera bag in caviar leather seems as durable and similar size although with one compartment rather than three.

Which would you pick? I think the Chanel would be more timeless.

View attachment 3713217
View attachment 3713218

As a mom of a two year old and another on the way, I'm looking for a good medium size crossbody bag.

A lot of people recommend the LV pochette metis, for which I favor the empreinte leather. However, this Chanel camera bag in caviar leather seems as durable and similar size although with one compartment rather than three.

Which would you pick? I think the Chanel would be more timeless.

View attachment 3713217
View attachment 3713218
I'm not familiar with the Chanel camera bag so I can't comment on it. However, I really like the PM especially the pocket on the back side of the bag. I put my phone in it and small items that I need to have an easy access to. Good luck deciding and let us know what you are getting :smile:

I'm not familiar with the Chanel camera bag so I can't comment on it. However, I really like the PM especially the pocket on the back side of the bag. I put my phone in it and small items that I need to have an easy access to. Good luck deciding and let us know what you are getting :smile:

The Chanel one is so beautiful and classy!
Another one to consider is Gucci soho disco, I have it and like it a lot.

I'm laughing at the similarity in the user names of my first two responses received.

I've had my mono PM for almost 3 years this September and really love it. I like the compartments. I put my phone in the back zip pocket, my full size zippy wallet in the middle compartment, my little coupon holder in the slip pocket behind the middle compartment, and in the front compartment goes my keys, lip gloss, small Advil bottle and that's about it. If you didn't use a full size wallet like I do, you could get even more things in. I could still fit more but I just don't need to carry more. All that being said, you are right the Chanel would be more timeless. I have no idea how much the camera bag holds, but the picture you provided I really love the way it looks over the emp PM. Is it cavier, lamb skin, goat, etc???? If it's not in a more durable leather though to survive the inevitable hitting things when you walk by especially walking with a toddler and an infant in a stroller, then I'd pick the PM. If it's cavier than I think I'd pick the Chanel[emoji173]. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your second baby!

Chanel all the way!! ❤ When my LO was born, my LV favorite became well..er my favorite crossbody bag as my LO can get quite clingy.. pair it with a Mia Bossi Audrey diaper bag for a Mommy boss vibe

I dont own the PM yet .. it has been on my radar but because of the various reason , glazing.. etc.. I have been holding off... but to pass some feedback from a friend that owns one , she was excited to use it as a crossbody when out with her kids to be hands freed...but she found the opening and closing of the lock to be annoying to her...(her opinion), she switched to a zipper option crossbody and it made life much easier.

Reactions: PurseAddict728