Chanel camera bag or LV pochette metis for a mommy of little ones?

Vintage Chanel camera bag or the LV empreinte metis?

• Chanel camera bag

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • LV pochette metis

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters
Have to agree- it is like the low end of a luxury brand. Of course it is still Chanel and "what's not to like?" but I think the PM is fresher and classier. For a mommy bag, do you want a cross-body? You can't go wrong with NF for utilitarian purposes.

Curious what about it makes you think it is low end? Because it is older/vintage?

Yes looking for cross body. I don't like NF personally (sold DE that I had) as I don't like the open top and the fact that everyone has one.

I'm not familiar with the Chanel but have a PM that I love. I personally find the top flap/clasp awkward when I'm in a hurry, so I would think twice about it as a bag to carry with small children. I think something with a top zipper would be easier to manage. Congrats on your growing family!

Thank you dear!

A number of people seem to be saying the same thing about the clasp.

I use a Speedy B and a totally MM, both in DE, as mommy bags. It's light weight and I don't have to worry about scratching it. With little ones, this is one less thing I have to worry about, plus I can put their little jackets, snacks and water bottle with no worries. The two you suggested are nice, but I can't see it being use as a mommy bag. The PM has two compartments and a middle zipper compartment. The size is not big enough to hold the essentials. I'm not sure about the Chanel.

I use a Speedy B and a totally MM, both in DE, as mommy bags. It's light weight and I don't have to worry about scratching it. With little ones, this is one less thing I have to worry about, plus I can put their little jackets, snacks and water bottle with no worries. The two you suggested are nice, but I can't see it being use as a mommy bag. The PM has two compartments and a middle zipper compartment. The size is not big enough to hold the essentials. I'm not sure about the Chanel.
Thank you for your advice! I do use a diaper bag for my two year old currently for her things, but I may need to rethink once I have two!

Thank you for everyone's thoughts!! I decided to go with the Chanel camera bag! That captured my heart more....I hope it stays the same when I receive it! Perhaps one day I will purchase the empreinte PM....but I think it will be harder for me to find another of this camera bag especially in this condition.

Reactions: AChanelADay
You can do no wrong with Chanel, and I have seen it mentioned here that the PM being divided into sections decreases the usable space. Not sure if that's true. Check it out in person and see what you think. I would agree with the poster about the Gucci Disco. That bag fits a lot more than one would expect and doesn't feel as "precious" to me as the Chanel. One thing I would say is that the PM in Empreinte leather would not be my choice for a mommy bag. I feel like that leather can look "worn" (as much as I love it -- I own several Emp items). I think the Disco with the pebbled leather would wear better -- and so would the PM in Monogram canvas. GL!

ETA: I see you made your decision. Enjoy your beautiful Chanel! In my opinion, it doesn't look dated at all!:smile:

Reactions: *NYC Princess*
You can do no wrong with Chanel, and I have seen it mentioned here that the PM being divided into sections decreases the usable space. Not sure if that's true. Check it out in person and see what you think. I would agree with the poster about the Gucci Disco. That bag fits a lot more than one would expect and doesn't feel as "precious" to me as the Chanel. One thing I would say is that the PM in Empreinte leather would not be my choice for a mommy bag. I feel like that leather can look "worn" (as much as I love it -- I own several Emp items). I think the Disco with the pebbled leather would wear better -- and so would the PM in Monogram canvas. GL!

ETA: I see you made your decision. Enjoy your beautiful Chanel! In my opinion, it doesn't look dated at all!:smile:

Thank you for your thoughts!! I have checked out the empreinte PM in real life. I do see what you mean about the compartments cutting up the usable space but each section is designed as a pouch which can stretch so I think it can hold quite a lot. I do have an empreinte Lumineuse and artsy so I do enjoy empreinte but will have to wait to add another piece! [emoji854]

Curious on your comment on empreinte looking worn as I have found it to be very durable and wondered if it was more so than caviar (although I think both are calfskin?). Do you have photos? Or do you mean the glazing issues?

Thanks!! I did consider this too. I'm not sure I like the look of the non quilted leather under the flap, and some are fully non quilted. They are going for a lot higher than retail on Tradesy, $4.5-5k!

Do you know if the Chanel Business Affinity is available this season?

I do think the camera bag may be easier to get in and out of with a zipper top.
Chanel Business Affinity was available for Spring/summer and the large one retailed $3500 which I think is very reasonable for such a big size Chanel but unfortunately they are sold out everywhere. They are bringing them back for fall but according to my research it's possible it will be just medium and small size not the large one. There is also affinity busienss chanel camera bag but it's very small. Much nicer than the one from your photo though.. I definitely vote pochette metis empreinte!

Chanel Business Affinity was available for Spring/summer and the large one retailed $3500 which I think is very reasonable for such a big size Chanel but unfortunately they are sold out everywhere. They are bringing them back for fall but according to my research it's possible it will be just medium and small size not the large one. There is also affinity busienss chanel camera bag but it's very small. Much nicer than the one from your photo though.. I definitely vote pochette metis empreinte!
OP already announced in the Chanel forum that she picked the Chanel bag.

OP already announced in the Chanel forum that she picked the Chanel bag.

Thank you ladies! I did pick the Chanel bag already as fabuleux mentioned as well as posted above in this thread.

Appreciate all the advice! Maybe I'll get the business affinity in the future!

Hope I love this camera bag when I receive it!

Thank you for your thoughts!! I have checked out the empreinte PM in real life. I do see what you mean about the compartments cutting up the usable space but each section is designed as a pouch which can stretch so I think it can hold quite a lot. I do have an empreinte Lumineuse and artsy so I do enjoy empreinte but will have to wait to add another piece! [emoji854]

Curious on your comment on empreinte looking worn as I have found it to be very durable and wondered if it was more so than caviar (although I think both are calfskin?). Do you have photos? Or do you mean the glazing issues?
To clarify, I have found in looking through the forums that the impressions in the Empreinte leather can loose their "crispness" over time. Not something I would see with caviar leather so much, as it's not imprinted. When I think of a mommy bag, I suppose I think heavier use, so it occurred to me that the imprints might soften more quickly. Not a bad thing, necessarily. These pieces can vary in imprint depth straight out of the boutique, and it sounds like you are quite familiar with Empreinte anyway. :smile:

As a mom of a two year old and another on the way, I'm looking for a good medium size crossbody bag.

A lot of people recommend the LV pochette metis, for which I favor the empreinte leather. However, this Chanel camera bag in caviar leather seems as durable and similar size although with one compartment rather than three.

Which would you pick? I think the Chanel would be more timeless.

View attachment 3713217
View attachment 3713218
As a mom of a 3 and a 6 year old, this is awesome to read!