Chanel Camelia gelly flats question

Feb 10, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Hi

I have a question on Chanel gelly flats. I was thinking of buying them for some time, but I have a little problem with choosing colour. I saw them in sparkling pink, green, orange and blue. I'm not sure if they come in black & white. I saw b&w camelia flats, but those were lather ones. Are there any other colours of those flats? Also, are they rub away easly? Comfortable? I'll be buying them on-line so I have no chance to try them on.

What is the retail price of those shoes? How much would you pay for a pair?

Thanks so much for your time and hello, as it's my first post on this subforum :biggrin:

Savannah

Feb 13, 2006
i've seen them in black/white camellia, black/cloudy white camellia, white/black camellia. I have the black/white camellia pair I wore last summer, they are cute on but I wouldn't walk everywhere in them, there's not much support but they are ok in comfort. mine have been holding up pretty well. i just bought the sandal ones last week. also, they only come in whole sizes. i think they were $345 or $325.

Feb 10, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
What do you mean by saying "there's not much support"? They don't hold the feet too well? Sorry for bothering you, but I'm not a native speeker and can't understand a meaning of this sentence well. Can I ask why don't you think you can walk everywhere in them?
And thanks for your help alot!

Savannah

Feb 13, 2006
no bother.:smile:

I meant they are just flip flops, they shoe holds the feet well, but there's no arch support and not very cushioned, so I would not recommend going on long walks in them. I've wore them with on the cruise, on the beach, grocery shopping, etc. and they are fine. I just wouldn't walk on cobblestone in them. Does that make sense? I did get a lot of compliments when I wore them.

Feb 10, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Well, they are just flip-flops so I would not go mountain climbing with them :smile:. I do know what you mean and thanks so much for your help. It's just as I thought. Those are adorable summer shoes for sure :biggrin:

sammiekat

CHANEL/CL Enabler
O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
2 Star Town
I have seen these several times in various colors- I like the black with white camelia combo best but the sparkly colors are cute too. They are really thin and flexible plastic. I would not pay retail for them- I would probably not pay more than $150 as they are cute but they are just thin plastic. You are paying for the brand name quite a bit in my opinion with these. I love the style, but think they would not be the most comfortable shoes and have heard they are pretty uncomfortable, so I would only get them for lazing around the pool or for the beach.

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
USA
I thought those were the most uncomfortable shoes I've tried on in awhile. At least for me, jelly shoes were never comfortable to begin with and apparently they're not changed much. I definitely think they're a beach/pool type shoe. I can't imagine wearing them anywhere else. In all honesty, while they do look cute, they aren't worth $325. jmho.

*Magdalena*

Apr 9, 2008
^^they're actually $345. I just got a pair of the black ones with white pearl camelia and i absolutely adore them. I dont find them uncomfortable at all....and I dont see them as pool/beach kind of shoe, either-they are more dressy than that. It wouldnt be a going out shoe for me, but a cute way to dress up your outfit during the day!

sammiekat

CHANEL/CL Enabler
O.G.
Aug 4, 2006
2 Star Town
I was actually interested if someone will considere them as only a beach shoes or also the city suitable. Thanks so much for your oppinion
I live in Florida so here, yes, you could get away wearing them quite a bit- people wear flip flops here pretty much year round lol! I would not consider them a heavy walking shoe though.

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
:bump:

hi girls I'm just bumping an old thread as I was wondering..are these the $345 ones? They're just made out of rubber right?
Yes and I'm not sure about rubber but it's a jelly-like material, like the kind of material you see on little girls' shoes. It could be rubber, just when I think of rubber I think of like bouncy material. LOL.

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
I live in Florida so here, yes, you could get away wearing them quite a bit- people wear flip flops here pretty much year round lol! I would not consider them a heavy walking shoe though.
I wear mine all the time (I live in FL too). I wouldn't wear them say if you were walking around Vegas or something as there isn't much support, but I wear them to the mall all the time and do just fine.