Chanel Cambon Reporter--What is a reasonable resale price?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I posted a simliar thread in the Louis Vuitton forum and now I'm wanting some expert Chanel advice.

I am raising money for a huge LV purchase and have to sell some stuff.

I'm wondering what everyones opinion is on the Cambon Reporter in white/python. What would be a reasonable sales price on eBay?

I don't have time for trial and errror in the form of listing and relisting. I need to price it to sell quickly b-cuz I'm using the money for another purchase.

Also b-cuz its such a high ticket item would you recommend a buy it now/best offer, a regular auction or just a buy it now?

So what do you ladies think? Price? Suggestions?
    It is brand new. Thanks :flowers:

2. Another PF'er has a brand new one up for auction, I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched it up already.

eBay: CHANEL Cambon Multipocket Reporter Bag Tote White / Blk (item 190048435193 end time Nov-12-06 05:32:58 PST)

3. Ouch. That's really low. I'm going to price my bag higher than that.

Luckily mine is different. Its the white/python

4. ^^^I don't get it either!! That is a great price on a phenomenal bag:shrugs: . I would think that a very fair price for this color is $1700-1800 range--only because the white, pink and tan went on sale so people will be expecting a bargain (even though they sold out at that price very quickly)...Personally I think that they should garner more...(ofcoures that is because I have two of them!:graucho: )
    Good luck with sale!

5. I think people are indifferent between white w/black and white w/python. Just my opinion based on eBay auctions.

I've seen the white w/python camera bags sell really cheap too.

6. I agree with Smooth. I've sold 2 reporters on eBay in the last 2 months and they barely went over $1500. I did some research before listing and the most I saw a white/python go for was about $1900. However, there were 2 or 3 for sale at the same time and that is the only one that sold. Good luck with your sale, I don't think I have seen any of those up for a while so hopefully you'll get what you want for it! It is a wonderful bag and the python is my favorite!!

7. I agre that the fact that these were marked WAY down for a few lucky people have hurt some re-sell value.
    Best of luck!

8. Oh man. :Push: That's a hard pill to swallow.

I guess I will have to see what happens. If I can't get a certain amount then I'll just keep it and sell something else.

I need to raise money but I cannot give it away. Geez. I'm sad.
    Maybe I'll have better luck though. You never know

Thanks for everyones help:flowers:

9. Well, I would wait till close to year end to sell it.

10. did you do a search of ended auctions to get a feel for what people are stating them at and are getting for them?

11. cambons are def. not going to go for a very high price...esp. since their phasing it out and getting a new replacement so yes sell it quick!

Plus Chanel re-selling values are without a doubt lower than LV. Btw is yours used? Its always nice to start your price high (as the seller) but I think you'll less likely get any bids esp. for the first couple weeks of listing it. If your patient and wait for the right buyer to come - your asking price shouldn't be a problem. But if you in need to sell to fund you might have to go according to other reporter prices on ebay.

Similarly I agree with smooth and bella (many of us don't see the python being different from the regular CC's but good luck anyways the reporter is gorgeous)

12. Amanda, I just took a look and most Cambon reporters are selling in the $1,500. One beige/black combo did sell for $2,300 but that was the exception.

13. That's the market then:yes:

14. Hmmm. I wonder if my black/white one will sell better?
    But I don't really want to get rid of that one

15. I think black/white will sell better, but to be honest, since they were around 40% off brand new from Saks, and they're one of the most faked styles, I don't think you can get more than that price either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice