Chanel Cambon Reporter Multipockets.....classy or trendy?

despite the "trendiness" of the ligne cambon style, i feel as if it will be able to be carried for many years into the future without the feeling of being out. in my opinion, even something that is trendy for chanel still is classy compared to most of the other stuff out there.

What do you girls think of the black on black large reporter ........ I'm starting to get calls from SA about sales coming up ....... got a call today about the black on black at 35% off! I have no Chanel bags ... would this be a good start?

pursesuader said:
What do you girls think of the black on black large reporter ........ I'm starting to get calls from SA about sales coming up ....... got a call today about the black on black at 35% off! I have no Chanel bags ... would this be a good start?

Woo,35%? All I heard is 30% off...which store is it?

pursesuader said:
Where is it?Where is it?:blink:

It's at Saks --- sale coming up Memorial weekend --- my local Saks doesn't carry Chanel but they had a return that is PERFECT and my SA called me ---- thanks girls for your input ..... I grabbed it! Check your local Saks stores --- it isn't advertised yet.

pursesuader said:
It's at Saks --- sale coming up Memorial weekend --- my local Saks doesn't carry Chanel but they had a return that is PERFECT and my SA called me ---- thanks girls for your input ..... I grabbed it! Check your local Saks stores --- it isn't advertised yet.

My local Saks doesn't carry Chanel, either... :sick:

The very first Chanel bag that attracted me was the Reporter, and that's because my taste leans toward the trendy side. In fact, I never gave Chanel a second thought until I saw the picture of the Reporter in a tabloid. Once I finally had the bag in hand and began studying the Chanel collections, I began to appreciate the more classic styles. I will never part with my Reporter because the style is so me; I think it has great staying power and won't look outdated years from now, simply because it bears the Chanel namesake.

Trendy but I love mine! It's eye catching and cute..plus it fits a TON of stuff.
And they're sticking around, not getting hauled out a month after they're released, so it's more of a long lasting trend, IMO.