Chanel Cabas

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
Hi,
I was just noticing on the vinyl cabas the hanging medallion's cc's are overlapping differently from the cc's on the actual bag...is that normal?

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
all CC's overlap the same way.
Turn it over, maybe it's just backwards?

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
I don't have one yet...but I was noticing that some girls medallion's on the cabas were overlapping different than the cc's on the actual bag... i wondered if it was just flipped over... thanks for your help swanky and burberry!

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
one more question...if you buy the bag from eBay, etc... and the medallion or chain straps break... how would you go about getting it repaired if you don't live near a boutique and don't have a receipt? Would you call the Chanel customer service number on the Chanel website? Would they take the bag and repair it for a fee? Any help would be great!!

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
Boca Raton, Fl
yes they will fix it as long as its authentic......you dont need a receipt or proof that its real...my friend bought a vintage flap from a local very high end consignment store, she brought it into a chanel here to have the h/w refurbished, they did a perfect job, no questions asked...charged her under $50

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
thanks for your help purse-onality! But, I dont live near a chanel boutique, could I call the chanel customer service number on there website and would they let me send it to them for repairs or would I have to send it to the nearest boutique to me?

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
for those of you who own a vinyl cabas...how does it hold up? Is it pretty durable and resistant to scratches or does it scratch pretty easily? Thx!

kwongkittiroch

I love my Chihuahuas
Jun 25, 2008
I love this bag. Durable, gorgeous and functional. Never had a problem w/ scratches, and it's one of the few Chanel bags I can throw around and not have to worry about.

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks Kwongkittiroch!! I have been dying for this bag in the large size and I cant find it anywhere!