Chanel buyer posted pic of fake she says she received!

SherryF

O.G.
Nov 26, 2011
I sold my Chanel bag, has everything with it, dustbag, authenticity card, box and bag . Took lots of pictures, inside and out of the bag. I accepted a best offer on my bag and sent it USPS to the buyer.
Buyer sent a one liner email with a picture of a "partial" section of a different bag(a fake, diamonds on chanel arent' lining up in her picture, but her picture AND my bag are both in black patent leather.

Picture with border is what BUYER says she received and says "due to loose threads" bag is fake, I want to return. (I had a no return policy).
second picture with more of the bag is mine.(no loose threads, bag was in immaculate condition).
I spent 2 hours with ebay . THEY WILL DO NOTHING . They said, they arent' there to see what bag she has received. I told them the bag she's photographed is a fake!!!!!

I've been on ebay for 19 years, 600 feedback, 100% positive. My ID is x

I managed to find her: Home address(listed for sale on Zillow)
her name.
Husband's name
facebook profile.

Should I hire an attorney in HER TOWN, Arlington, Texas to go after her?

She says she is sending the bag back due to loose threads(as mentioned before, there were none). Maybe she has buyers remorse? I thought about telling her I will open the package at THE POLICE DEPARMENT and anything other than my bag, I will go after her, legally.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• chanel1.png
    chanel1.png
    315.9 KB · Views: 1,415
  • chanel2.png
    chanel2.png
    855.6 KB · Views: 1,450
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few questions:
1. How long after receiving the item did she contact you with the "issues?"
2. Can you tell whether she's even showing a portion of a bag of the same style?
3. How can you tell she's showing a fake if there's not a picture of any of the parts of the bag that would prove it one way or the other?
4. Is it possible she's just trying to switch out a bag in better condition with one in worse condition?

Please post (or PM) the buyer's ID. I'd like to look at her history to see if I can find a switcheroo possibility (though it's a good chance that she could have bought

Okay, here's my take......

By the time I'd read your post, it had been edited and your seller ID was removed so I had to find the listing on my own.

If I found the correct listing, I do see what appears to be some loose threads as shown in the following screenshot.They appear to be in the same spots as her picture shows. The one in the farthest right of her picture seems to be covered by the chain in your picture.
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 1.12.09 PM.png

The diamonds not lining up could just be the angle at which the picture is taken from. You really can't say that picture that she took is not of the same bag.

The first 3 pictures in the listing show the front of the bag but the listing doesn't show a full picture of the back of the bag. IMO, that's a problem! (Why didn't you show the back of the bag standing upright as you did for the front? Do you have a picture?)

For the picture of your bag, OP, would you please post a larger picture of the back of the bag? While you show a larger portion than the buyer, your picture isn't large enough either. It's clearly not the picture from your listing.

By the time I'd read your post, it had been edited and your seller ID was removed so I had to find the listing on my own.

If I found the correct listing, I do see what appears to be some loose threads as shown in the following screenshot.They appear to be in the same spots as her picture shows. The one in the farthest right of her picture seems to be covered by the chain in your picture.
View attachment 3658855
I'm not sure those are loose threads. In general, Chanel stitching of quilts goes up and over the seams. Looks to me like your arrows are just pointing at diamond points folded over into the seam.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
OP, I'm not sure what you are looking at that makes you think the buyer's photos are of a fake bag or even a different bag (other than the loose threads which you say weren't there previously). The diamonds appear to line up to me. Rather than risk losing your money and your bag, I would use one of BeenBurned's famous emails and reassure her that the bag is authentic but that you will take back the bag if she really desires a refund. It sucks but it's better than losing completely. Good luck.

View attachment 3658855
The arrows show a double stitch on the front fold of the pocket and a single stich (in the spot where you are thinking is the same spot she says there's a loose thread).
In other words, it's 2 stitches front, then 1 stitch back. There really aren't any loose threads that I can see.

I sold my Chanel bag, has everything with it, dustbag, authenticity card, box and bag . Took lots of pictures, inside and out of the bag. I accepted a best offer on my bag and sent it USPS to the buyer.
Buyer sent a one liner email with a picture of a "partial" section of a different bag(a fake, diamonds on chanel arent' lining up in her picture, but her picture AND my bag are both in black patent leather.

Picture with border is what BUYER says she received and says "due to loose threads" bag is fake, I want to return. (I had a no return policy).
second picture with more of the bag is mine.(no loose threads, bag was in immaculate condition).
I spent 2 hours with ebay . THEY WILL DO NOTHING . They said, they arent' there to see what bag she has received. I told them the bag she's photographed is a fake!!!!!

I've been on ebay for 19 years, 600 feedback, 100% positive. My ID is x

I managed to find her: Home address(listed for sale on Zillow)
her name.
Husband's name
facebook profile.

Should I hire an attorney in HER TOWN, Arlington, Texas to go after her?

She says she is sending the bag back due to loose threads(as mentioned before, there were none). Maybe she has buyers remorse? I thought about telling her I will open the package at THE POLICE DEPARMENT and anything other than my bag, I will go after her, legally.

Any thoughts?

Any updates? Has she sent the bag back?

there's a possibility she's either going to be having buyers remorse and return my bag to me. Or be scared and send it back.
My guess (and what I thought all along) is buyer's remorse and you'll get back exactly what you sent.

As a frequent handbag buyer and seller, I'd like to make a suggestion for future listings, particularly if you intend to relist the bag. Please include a straight on picture of the back of the bag (with the bag standing upright) so buyers can see the condition, diamond quilt placement, etc. Had you had that in your listing, I think you'd have a better chance of defending a claim of broken stitches if the bag showed that there weren't any loose threads. JMHO.

My guess (and what I thought all along) is buyer's remorse and you'll get back exactly what you sent.

As a frequent handbag buyer and seller, I'd like to make a suggestion for future listings, particularly if you intend to relist the bag. Please include a straight on picture of the back of the bag (with the bag standing upright) so buyers can see the condition, diamond quilt placement, etc. Had you had that in your listing, I think you'd have a better chance of defending a claim of broken stitches if the bag showed that there weren't any loose threads. JMHO.
I know you are 110% right. I will have to improve the full size pics of the bags I post, including the full on pic of the back, face on.