Chanel Bubble Bowler Bag... Yes or No?

sweetsavvy

Aug 18, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to see what your expert opinion is and if I should get this bag...

This bag is $2,995. The color is dark beige with gold hardware....

Does anyone have this bag? What do you think about the color? It comes in dark beige, black and red. Pro's and con's please?

Thank you!

hey sweetsavvy, i was looking at the same bag too!
Were you thinking about the leather one? i haven't seen the dark beige, but a friend of mine just bought her 'burgundy' one from the US and it's quite cute. Bagtasia is right, it is casual. However this bubble bowler can't be carried over the shoulder- the straps are a tad too short.
where're you located at? does your store carry the burgundy one?

I have the chocolate brown bowler. In fact, I only got it yesterday and it's the 07A version and I love it. It reminds me of.......chocolate! :drool:

Agreed with the above, the straps are not long so you may have to hand carry it with your hands or carry it with your wrists?

Thank you all for the responses! I'm from San Francisco and I was in the Chanel Boutique on Maiden Lane.

From all three colors, does everyone agree the dark beige over the black or red with gold hardware?

I also noticed that on some bags, the bubble material looked more squashed appears more vertical than showing the actual puffy full triangles. Is this a defect of some sort? I like the look of the puffy trianges more than the squashed vertical look. Oh, and I also tried wearing it on my shoulders and it is def a handbag, not a shoulder bag!

I have the fall 08 bordeaux bowler too and i love it. I can put it on the shoulder. I also saw the dark beige bowler at SF boutique. I love the bag and the color but It has a shorter length.

I *think* mine's from 08 (fall? I want to say?). I got it a pretty long time ago. Let me go check the style number and info and I'll get back to you!

I checked the info on the tag - and it IS an 08 fall bordeaux bowler! The info on the tag is: 08A A39698Y05112. As ssc0619 and mylilsnowy said, it fits comfortably over the shoulder. HTH!