Chanel Brooch on no name bag, yay or nay?

To be honest it just looks like you are trying to pass of your no name bag as a Chanel. Especially given the location of the brooch. Maybe try to place it a bit tilted up on one of the top corners?

This is the reason I am not that fond of the CC brooches, however beautiful they may be, they always give the impression that you are either wearing a fake chanel, or that you are trying to pass of whatever you are wearing as Chanel.

To be honest it just looks like you are trying to pass of your no name bag as a Chanel. Especially given the location of the brooch. Maybe try to place it a bit tilted up on one of the top corners?

This is the reason I am not that fond of the CC brooches, however beautiful they may be, they always give the impression that you are either wearing a fake chanel, or that you are trying to pass of whatever you are wearing as Chanel.

I almost didn't open thread, I read title and thought "Sure, put it on whatever you like!"
But I opened it and it looks similar to a Chanel style, so to me it's a no.
I’m usually one for playing with our things. But, I have to agree with these ladies. It looks like you are trying to pass off a no name bag as Chanel. Brooches on bags aren’t common so it seems like the placing is deliberate to give that intent.

I’d play around with my brooch on other items and let the bag stand on its own.

I would try it with a stylish winter coat or Blazer and see how it goes. I think it would be great on a Blazer. I really like it a lot.
If you are comfortable sharing- how much did you pay at Saks ? I am semi close to that area ( South Jersey)

I’m usually one for playing with our things. But, I have to agree with these ladies. It looks like you are trying to pass off a no name bag as Chanel. Brooches on bags aren’t common so it seems like the placing is deliberate to give that intent.

I’d play around with my brooch on other items and let the bag stand on its own.

Thank you! That was what I was afraid of. I thought perhaps maybe since it’s not a Chanel ( looks more like a Stella bag) that I could do that. I liked it but didn’t seem quite right. Thank u for your Honest opinion as well! I think I will stick to coats, tops, sweaters and hats, gloves.

I would try it with a stylish winter coat or Blazer and see how it goes. I think it would be great on a Blazer. I really like it a lot.
If you are comfortable sharing- how much did you pay at Saks ? I am semi close to that area ( South Jersey)
Thank you! Yes , it does look great on tops. And I don’t mind sharing the price. I think it was between $600 - 650. I’m in South Jersey as well! Exit 4! It’s such a pain to get out there. I sometimes take the bus after work as I work in Philly.