Chanel boy so black hardware fade

What? Even ruthenium peel too?! I have a boy with this hardware for a couple of years. So far no peeling but I did notice that the chain was marking up my white shirt when worn crossbody. I never noticed marks on my other shirts before but I never wore a white shirt with it. I hope it’s not the beginning of the chain falling apart. Yikes!

Unfortunately, ruthenium can peel. I always thought it was highly durable and I have several bags with that type of hardware. In the Fall of 2016, I purchased this green boy (picture attached) and the bottom corner of the RHW started to peel!! This happened within a few months of owning the bag. My SA was able to get me a brand new one to replace it, and fortunately it has not peeled yet. It will be four years old in September. It still worries me, and I now gravitate towards silver hardware when I can....the light gold has been my second choice.

20160930_101054_resized.jpg

Unfortunately, ruthenium can peel. I always thought it was highly durable and I have several bags with that type of hardware. In the Fall of 2016, I purchased this green boy (picture attached) and the bottom corner of the RHW started to peel!! This happened within a few months of owning the bag. My SA was able to get me a brand new one to replace it, and fortunately it has not peeled yet. It will be four years old in September. It still worries me, and I now gravitate towards silver hardware when I can....the light gold has been my second choice.

View attachment 4819245
Ah. I will definitely be extra careful with my so black and ruthenium. Thanks so much.