Chanel boy red vs black vs red jumbo

expatwife

O.G.
Mar 4, 2012
Hello,
I am trying to make a decision - I'd like to buy something (I have that itch again), and I'm wondering if I should go with black quilted boy with gold hardware, red quilted boy with gold hardware or wait for jumbo in red caviar?

Currently I have
1. Black Caviar jumbo with gold hardware
2. Blue roi patent jumbo with ruthenium hardware
3. GST in black caviar with gold hardware.

I think I like black boy a bit more than red (judging from the pictures, haven't seen neither in real life). And I like red jumbo or m/l.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have seen both boys and what you think? I love the boy bags, but I just can't put my hands on the perfect one, if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

That's a tough decision! I think it comes down to whether you "need" an everyday bag and whether this will be a occasional bag. For me, a jumbo is more practical for every day because it can store my basic essentials. While the Boy is gorgeous, it is not the most user-friendly bag compared to the flaps (I have both). If you do not open/close your bags multiple times per day (I do), then going with the Boy will provide your current collection some variety. I like the black quilted boy more than the red.

That's a tough decision! I think it comes down to whether you "need" an everyday bag and whether this will be a occasional bag. For me, a jumbo is more practical for every day because it can store my basic essentials. While the Boy is gorgeous, it is not the most user-friendly bag compared to the flaps (I have both). If you do not open/close your bags multiple times per day (I do), then going with the Boy will provide your current collection some variety. I like the black quilted boy more than the red.

Thank you for your response! I agree with you, I like the black boy more than the red, it's just I'm hesitant about getting another black bag.
On the other hand, I love red jumbo in caviar - just like how carefree it is.
I don't usually wear my Chanels for everyday (except for GST), I have two kids, so I'm trying to wear something that they won't ruin in a matter of seconds:biggrin::biggrin:.

Do you think black boy is a good evening bag? will it "replace" my jumbo or they are for different occasions? Thanks!

Thank you for your response! I agree with you, I like the black boy more than the red, it's just I'm hesitant about getting another black bag.
On the other hand, I love red jumbo in caviar - just like how carefree it is.
I don't usually wear my Chanels for everyday (except for GST), I have two kids, so I'm trying to wear something that they won't ruin in a matter of seconds:biggrin::biggrin:.

Do you think black boy is a good evening bag? will it "replace" my jumbo or they are for different occasions? Thanks!

The black medium quilted boy could serve as an evening bag, but not the large. I always see the quilted boy as a more casual looking bag but I guess it could work if you wear it single strapped! :smile:

The black medium quilted boy could serve as an evening bag, but not the large. I always see the quilted boy as a more casual looking bag but I guess it could work if you wear it single strapped! :smile:

I think I'm almost convinced :smile:
If I only new that the red caviar that NM is supposed to get is not the one I want, then...then I am not sure what I would do loooool

I would choose the black quilted boy. Get the medium size, it will be very different in style and function from your jumbo. I don't think the boy style looks as good in red, JMHO. I'm loving the medium boy styles, I also think the smooth black style is lovely. I think this might be my next purchase!

I would choose the black quilted boy. Get the medium size, it will be very different in style and function from your jumbo. I don't think the boy style looks as good in red, JMHO. I'm loving the medium boy styles, I also think the smooth black style is lovely. I think this might be my next purchase!

I think I agree with you. I might get the medium in black. And maybe later get a red caviar jumbo (or mini, depending what I want it for)? The current season boy is gorgeous!