Chanel Boy or Chanel Trendy CC?

Have you decided? I was also debating between the 2! Well, initially I just wanted the trendy CC so I went to the store and tried the small size on. Surprisingly, it didn’t look that good on me. It looked a little boxier and a little too wide for my body size. I’m five feet two inches and 115 lbs. Since everyone is saying that the boy is no longer popular or too mainstream, I didn’t even bother until the SA told me to try the black caviar with gold hardware and I was surprised. It works well both as a crossbody and a shoulder bag on me! So I bought it and I’m getting it tomorrow!

I also have the lady dior in black and I think I prefer it more than the Trendy CC. The trendy gives off a lot of Lady Dior vibes.
How have you liked the boy? Did you get the small or medium and what color and hardware did you get. Im debating a medium in black. Im not sure about the hardware- gold or silver (or whatever Chanel calls the silver)- I was considering the 19 but I like to also be able to wear as a shorter shoulder bag and the boy seems to offer that more. Im looking to purchase a bag to take on a trip to Europe- want it to be day to night and that’s led me to the boy. I am a bit concerned about the chunky chain- anyone have thoughts about the boy? Also I tried the classic flap in small and though I love it, the high price (I feel Chanel has gotten out of control in terms of price for their flaps) the fact that it’s not a great cross body hold me back from buying. Maybe the medium flap would have a longer chain but I do want to be able to comfortably wear as a cross body. I’m open to other brands as well if anyone has a good idea. I did have the Celine Triomphe I’m medium (glossy black box leather) but it showed every finger print. I had to wipe it nightly after using. Also while using the prints upset me- just never felt clean. I wish they had a different leather to off set the ‘gloss’ which just showed every touch. Ahhh! Any advice on a great bag would be appreciated!

For traveling and from day to night, I actually recommend a WOC in caviar and any color to your liking. This way, it fits closer to your body, and has many ways to wear it, and the leather will withstand heavy duty vacationing. For everything else, just carry it in a big non brand tote.

The other options sound like you're "settling" for something Chanel and it shouldn't be this way. You shouldn't spend so much money on something you're not "in love" with.

Reactions: lolasparks
Boy in caviar. Some of my friends owned the trendy cc in lambskin and they did not enjoy the bag. I have an old med boy in caviar and I love the bag. To me, it's worry-free and I love the size. But it's a personal choice. Some people say that trendy cc is pretty heavy, while others say that the boy is bulky and the chain drives them insane. I would read reviews and watch videos to help you make a decision. Good luck and enjoy the process. It's fun!!!!!!!!!!

How have you liked the boy? Did you get the small or medium and what color and hardware did you get. Im debating a medium in black. Im not sure about the hardware- gold or silver (or whatever Chanel calls the silver)- I was considering the 19 but I like to also be able to wear as a shorter shoulder bag and the boy seems to offer that more. Im looking to purchase a bag to take on a trip to Europe- want it to be day to night and that’s led me to the boy. I am a bit concerned about the chunky chain- anyone have thoughts about the boy? Also I tried the classic flap in small and though I love it, the high price (I feel Chanel has gotten out of control in terms of price for their flaps) the fact that it’s not a great cross body hold me back from buying. Maybe the medium flap would have a longer chain but I do want to be able to comfortably wear as a cross body. I’m open to other brands as well if anyone has a good idea. I did have the Celine Triomphe I’m medium (glossy black box leather) but it showed every finger print. I had to wipe it nightly after using. Also while using the prints upset me- just never felt clean. I wish they had a different leather to off set the ‘gloss’ which just showed every touch. Ahhh! Any advice on a great bag would be appreciated!

medium CFs also can’t cross body, but mini CFs can, and their capacity is the same as the small due to the absence of inner flap, also it’s about half the cost of a medium CF, so that might be more suited to what you are looking for. Only problem is sourcing one.

I own 2 trend ccs, but have tried on the small boy and LD in stores. The fact that I never bought either of those 2 bags will probably give you a clue.

i feel like the trendy is a lot more flattering when worn than the lady dior, because trendys are rectangular and lady diors are completely square, but that’s just me, obviously the lady dior is way more popular than the trendy cc. the lambskn on trendys is soooo luxurious though!

Boy bags are very boxy, but can cross body, so that’s a plus. The boxy shape lends to more corner wear with frequent use, if you are careful with your bags or don’t mind wear then that’s not really an issue.

Hi! sorry for the late reply! I love the boy. I got it in the old medium because I'm petite. it's definitely a day to night bag which is my major consideration in almost all of my bags. I tried the lighter gold hardware or champagne or whatever they call it and it's kinda meh for me. I travel a lot with my lady D and I love how versatile it is tbh. Probably more versatile than the boy because the strap doesn't hurt, the bag is light and so you can walk around with it all day long (although careful when traveling with lambskin -- it's quite a pain).

The boy's chain doesn't bother me much because my ysl sunset is heavier lol so I'm kinda used to it. But could be annoying for others.

I also considered both the Boy and the Trendy CC. When I tried them out in the boutique, I was sold on the comfortable and substantial top handle on the Trendy CC. I like a top handle because I often wear a bag on my wrist without thinking. So it depends on your preference, but try them on and see how you feel.

I went against the Boy because it has one of those clasps that requires squeezing of the sides and if you don’t, then you press on the bag. If you do this often, you might make the bag dent in the middle? I’m not sure about this but it seemed like it could happen.

The new Spring 2023 Trendy CC is absolutely beautiful! It has the woven CC like the Chanel 19. The top bar that says Chanel is also woven. The only thing I don’t like are the three separate compartments. I have a phone holder that is quite thick for my credit cards. However, my thick phone fits in the middle compartment.

As for crossbody wear, I am not super skinny and neither the Boy nor Trendy CC straps are long enough for crossbody wear for me. I clipped a longer shoulder strap to the rings on the sides of the top handle for crossbody. It does not look weird to me and better secure than sorry when walking around in the city!

Reactions: scarlet555
I recently purchased a black trendy and love it! It is my first pre owned and is in fabulous condition! Also, I plan to use it with the utmost care! My next will be a boy in a ‘fun’ color!