Chanel Boy ***LAMBSKIN OR CALFSKIN?***

I love lambskin and think you will find it to be pretty durable. I have a vintage lambskin bag and it is in wonderful condition. It is worth a little extra risk of worry to have a bag you absolutely love and will enjoy. But any leather bag has the potential to scratch, so I don't think your lambskin will be any worse for the wear than a calf skin bag.

I love lambskin and think you will find it to be pretty durable. I have a vintage lambskin bag and it is in wonderful condition. It is worth a little extra risk of worry to have a bag you absolutely love and will enjoy. But any leather bag has the potential to scratch, so I don't think your lambskin will be any worse for the wear than a calf skin bag.

This is great to hear! I can't wait to start enjoying it [emoji4]

I have a three boy bags, the multi leather, a caviar and lambskin. My fav of all is the multileather (still getting used to the ghw [emoji53] though). I literally baby my bags like I did my newborn son. Lol. Anyway, my lambskin boy still looks perfect everywhere with the exception of two corners on the bag, I'm mindful of where I place my bags so I don't know what happened. I was upset after I saw the scuffing, but that didn't deter me from buying lambskin, in fact I purchased two minis in lamb and they are my most used bags. I have no issues whatsoever to report. @ceedoan is right, just get what you want, it's a bag, and yes they're expensive bags but meant to be used. I prefer the look and feel of lambskin over caviar hands down.

Last edited:
Hi......!
I was lucky to have been gifted a Chanel Le Boy over the weekend, after putting my name on the waitlist on Friday morning. I opted for the Black Quilted Boy with aged Gold Hardware in Calfskin.
I was wondering, how do I look out for a "bad batch", especially with the leather? I really wanted lambskin, but being so reckless I decided it's not suitable for my lifestyle, so I went with calfskin and I guess the only issue I have now, is that after reading that it is possible to get a bad batch, I would just love to find a way to find that I've got the best(?) calfskin I could get with my Boy!

Thanks so much in advanced xx

Last edited:
Hi! Wondering how did your bag hold up?

Thank you everyone for your comments. It took a while but I finally got my hands on my dream bag (I called the Hotline every day or two and a half weeks haha)[emoji4] ...introducing my new black small Le Boy in lambskin with RHW. I knew as soon as I saw and felt the lambskin that it was perfect for me. Thank you again for your help in making the decision xx View attachment 3453399 View attachment 3453401 View attachment 3453402