Chanel Boy Casual

LocksAndKeys

Apr 12, 2013
I'm heavily thinking about purchasing a Chanel Boy in Black. I am still unsure whether I want the small, medium, or large. I am thinking that I want calfskin since I hear lambskin is very delicate(?).

Do you think that the Boy can be worn casually on an everyday basis or do you see it as an evening bag? Does one size look more casual than another? My everyday lifestyle is fairly casual and I would like my next bag to be so.

The boy is for sure a bag for everyday use!
And yes, I would choose calfskin/caviar since it's more durable than lambskin and not that delicate

Which size to choose? - I think that depends on how much you want to carry with you... if it's much than I would go for large size, if it's not that much you can go for medium size

The boy is for sure a bag for everyday use!
And yes, I would choose calfskin/caviar since it's more durable than lambskin and not that delicate

Which size to choose? - I think that depends on how much you want to carry with you... if it's much than I would go for large size, if it's not that much you can go for medium size
Are there multiple options of calfskin available for the Boy or is caviar the only one? Also, are the Boys heavy, especially the chain, or is it a fairly lightweight bag?

I really appreciate your help by the way! :smile:

Are there multiple options of calfskin available for the Boy or is caviar the only one? Also, are the Boys heavy, especially the chain, or is it a fairly lightweight bag?

I really appreciate your help by the way! :smile:

There are multiple options for leather available; for calfskin there are also varieties of this (I've not seen a traditional caviar one, though, but lots of calf of which caviar is a subset). The boys aren't too heavy unless you are talking the enchained one, which is heavy enough to be a deadly weapon should the need arise. Because most of the boy bags are lined in fabric instead of leather, the weight is diminished.

There are multiple options for leather available; for calfskin there are also varieties of this (I've not seen a traditional caviar one, though, but lots of calf of which caviar is a subset). The boys aren't too heavy unless you are talking the enchained one, which is heavy enough to be a deadly weapon should the need arise. Because most of the boy bags are lined in fabric instead of leather, the weight is diminished.
Thanks for the info, Tutu! I am leaning towards a black quilted Boy that is a smooth calfskin, probably medium size. What are the different options of calfskin available for the Boy?

Thanks for the info, Tutu! I am leaning towards a black quilted Boy that is a smooth calfskin, probably medium size. What are the different options of calfskin available for the Boy?

There is smooth, quilted (small and large), glazed, metallicized (new word I made up), patent, stamped, and more. Then there are the reverso boys that are softer and quilted on the outside, plus various fabric mixes as well (wool, tweeds, velvet) and I've also seen one that was hand embroidered, but that's definitely a night out bag.

I'm in my 20's and consider my style on the edgier side/rocker chic. I tend to wear leather jackets, leggings, converse, etc. Do you think the Boy will fit in to my style or do you think it is too classy/mature for me?

I'm in my 20's and consider my style on the edgier side/rocker chic. I tend to wear leather jackets, leggings, converse, etc. Do you think the Boy will fit in to my style or do you think it is too classy/mature for me?

If your style is edgier/rocker chic like you wrote, then I would say the boy fits perfect!!
It's not too classy/mature and fits for sure with leather jackets etc!!

Boy would be perfect for you! When I use my boy I actually prefer wearing my distressed short moto boots instead of the matching quilted ballet flats!