Chanel Boy Bag- Which one was your first?

Nov 19, 2006
Hi ladies,

I am just curious to know this question as I prepare may way towards a new medium boy bag. Maybe you could share which boy bag was your first and why? Was it color? or Black? etc
I only have 1 but it is a old medium quilted black in calfskin. I loved it the moment I saw it but I could never find one. my hubby finally found me one in Germany and I love it!! I use it several times a week. for me it's perfect cross body bag. the new medium looks amazing but not on me due to my short stature :nogood:

jennlt

Hounds and Handbags
O.G.
Sep 17, 2009
My first boy, so new that I still have the tags on it, is the large black caviar with ghw. I wanted a sturdy bag to use almost daily and I wanted to be able to fit an iPad in it.

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
Ban Island
14P beige chevron boy in new medium

I tried on different sizes before I settle on new medium

Love the side pockets and fit more than old medium and can be used as an every day bag

Feb 25, 2009
Los Angeles/ San Francisco
I am having such difficulty deciding on one?! By the time I plan to get it a new season will be coming and then more options.

May I ask you ladies a question, so the boy bags are considered more sturdier than the classic flaps as cross-body? I have the jumbo and I only wear it cross-body sometimes. I started to see the top pull a lil so now I wear it double strap.

Anyone who have both caviar and calf/or lamb leather in the boy bag?

allure244

O.G.
Oct 15, 2008
Mine was the black calfskin old medium boy with ruthenium hardware. I got the one with large quilts from 14C because that was the first black boy in old medium I could get my hands on once I decided I wanted a boy. I tried on the new medium but felt that the larger size was too boxy/bulky for my height( I'm almost 5'4"). I also don't carry a lot of stuff with me normally so the old medium was enough space. I definitely wanted the black with ruthenium hardware cuz i thought it was an edgy combo which was easy to match.

taram2014

Jun 1, 2014
My first boy was the fuschia metallic bag from spring/summer act 2. I fell in love with the metallic colors; which finally forced me to try out the boy bags since the colors weren't available in any classic styles.

I've aquired 4 others since (my poor wallet).

SunBunny

Shopaholic
Jul 16, 2012
California
My first boy bag was the old medium size studded boy in black distressed calf with ruthenium hardware. I wanted something that wasn't exactly pristine (but at the same time unused), because I am not the most careful with my bags and didn't want to have to worry about it. As strange as it may sound, I also liked the somewhat (very slightly) rounded corners that it has with this particular style (studded). It has the edgy and distressed look to it and I fell in love with that.

Last edited:

Mae002

O.G.
Jan 25, 2009
My first boy is the black caviar in new medium. Since it's my first I have to get it in black of course 2 weeks after that, I saw the red caviar in old medium and immediately bought it. I felt like the old medium in red caviar is just perfect with that pop of color. I think Im good with my 2 boys as of now.

anonymoose410

Dec 5, 2009
My first (and only, to date) Boy is a new medium black calfskin with ruthenium hardware. I had been drooling over Boy bags for months, and finally decided to just get one so went to the boutique on a whim with my friend and was lucky enough to walk out with one the same day :smile: I initially wanted a navy or red boy, but black suits me best. Red is still on my list though!

hja

O.G.
Apr 21, 2009
My first boy is from the Paris Dallas collection - boy in burgundy with the metal ornaments. Just fell in love with the details on the bag. It is still my only boy but would love to add 1 more in the new medium.

queenbee11

Oct 13, 2011
My first boy was navy metallic in old medium size. Still love him a lot. But as soon as the new medium size came out, I knew I have to have it. I got the black boy in calfskin in the new medium size.

Feb 25, 2009
Los Angeles/ San Francisco
My first (and only, to date) Boy is a new medium black calfskin with ruthenium hardware. I had been drooling over Boy bags for months, and finally decided to just get one so went to the boutique on a whim with my friend and was lucky enough to walk out with one the same day :smile: I initially wanted a navy or red boy, but black suits me best. Red is still on my list though!

This is the dilemma I think I may have. Red, Navy or Black. What made you choose new medium over old medium?