• Rhw

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Antique gold

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Raerae0518

Oct 22, 2020
Hello
I am purchasing my first Chanel boy bag and am narrowing down to the black caviar old medium quilted. I am having a hard time deciding between the rhw and antique gold hardware . Would love any opinions from those that have either of these color options and how they hold up. I would be using this as a day to day purse and tend to wear gold jewelry though am not too worried about having the chain be gold for that sole reason. Thank you!!

Hey, congrats on your soon to be purchase! I have the new medium in same combo with the antiqued gold and I really like it. I too tend to wear gold jewelry and think because it isn’t shiny it kind of goes with everything. I have had mine a little over a year and it’s holding up great - literally no wear and tear on the hardware as far as I can tell!

Also, idk if you will share the same concern, but one concern I did have when I got it was that the caviar leather seemed stiff and not “soft” like the lamb skin but within the past few months mine has softened to have a really pleasant “feel”!

again, congrats!

Reactions: Raerae0518
I mostly wear gold jewelry but for me personally I have black boy bag with ruthenium hardware. The gold hardware takes away too much attention from the beauty of the black boy bag.
The funny thing is I have mostly gold or light gold hardware for classic flaps and reissues.
But I prefer ruthenium hardware on boy bags and it is easier to style. This can go both casual and dressy (because the ruthenium is more understated).

You should get the one that makes your heart sing.

I mostly wear gold jewelry but for me personally I have black boy bag with ruthenium hardware. The gold hardware takes away too much attention from the beauty of the black boy bag.
The funny thing is I have mostly gold or light gold hardware for classic flaps and reissues.
But I prefer ruthenium hardware on boy bags and it is easier to style. This can go both casual and dressy (because the ruthenium is more understated).

You should get the one that makes your heart sing.
Thank you!! I decided to go with the ruthenium, it's perfect so excited!

Reactions: ChanelObessesion