Chanel Boy 14B

Gjminton

Bearmint
Apr 25, 2013
I have the chance to buy a pristine condition black caviar with RHW old medium boy from 14B. Does any one have insight on the quality of the caviar leather from this collection?

I have the chance to buy a pristine condition black caviar with RHW old medium boy from 14B. Does any one have insight on the quality of the caviar leather from this collection?

IMG_1496125365.232720.jpg
I think mine is 14B in red. It's sturdy grainy caviar. They don't make it like this anymore, even a Chanel SA commented recently that he hasn't seen caviar as nice as my boy in a long time.

I love the 14B caviar boys- they are the best caviar boys that have been released so far, in my opinion. They are the only caviar boys that were made with the rigid caviar similar to classic flaps. The caviar has a nice sheen (without being too shiny) and the quilts are nice and more puffy (some of the more recent caviar boys have somewhat deflated quilts). I have 3 and they have all held up beautifully, with little to no wear. I took a photo awhile ago and will include it- it shows the difference between the 16A red caviar boy and the 14B dark red caviar boy.
IMG_1098.jpg

I love the 14B caviar boys- they are the best caviar boys that have been released so far, in my opinion. They are the only caviar boys that were made with the rigid caviar similar to classic flaps. The caviar has a nice sheen (without being too shiny) and the quilts are nice and more puffy (some of the more recent caviar boys have somewhat deflated quilts). I have 3 and they have all held up beautifully, with little to no wear. I took a photo awhile ago and will include it- it shows the difference between the 16A red caviar boy and the 14B dark red caviar boy.
View attachment 3714281

Hello we have boy twins!

Reactions: katiebal
Don't pass up the 14B boy! Best decision I ever made on a Boy. I have 3, and I still find myself reaching for the 14B. It's so durable and sturdy. You can feel the difference between now and then. I hope you snatch it up.

you have a lovely collection! Can you share tips on how you found a 14B boy? your new purchase is my HG combo - old medium ruthenium hw in any color. I would be so happy to be as lucky as you!

you have a lovely collection! Can you share tips on how you found a 14B boy? your new purchase is my HG combo - old medium ruthenium hw in any color. I would be so happy to be as lucky as you!

I don't really have tips. The universe was just working in my favor. I found it on poshmark on a whim and had the seller send me additional pictures so I could get it authenticated.

Here's another picture I had, in case it is helpful. 14B small black caviar in front, with small so black boy (grained lambskin) in back.
View attachment 3714286
I have a question concerning the serial sticker inside the bag. Someone on the fb Chanel page mentioned something about the serial numbers always facing inward on the boy bags, as in facing towards the back. My serial number is attached on the front left corner and it lays flat on the side facing inward, not towards the back. Is this how your serial number is too for your boy? Given that it is preloved and i had it authenticated, sometimes I still worry that it might be a fake. I attached a picture to clarify what I am explaining.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 1,820
I have a question concerning the serial sticker inside the bag. Someone on the fb Chanel page mentioned something about the serial numbers always facing inward on the boy bags, as in facing towards the back. My serial number is attached on the front left corner and it lays flat on the side facing inward, not towards the back. Is this how your serial number is too for your boy? Given that it is preloved and i had it authenticated, sometimes I still worry that it might be a fake. I attached a picture to clarify what I am explaining.

I just checked all of my 14b boys and the serial stickers are placed just like yours and facing the same way. I checked some of my newer model boys and the serial sticker is on the other side of the tab, facing the side wall, on the backside of the tab. So nothing to worry about:smile:

Reactions: Raffaluv and TeriT