chanel black satin

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that there's something wrong with the sellers. It's just that the Chanel Black Satin nail color being sold in Canada, Europe, and Asia is NOT the same color or formulation that was released in the US.

I can confirm this. I was so happy when I got a bottle of the Black Satin (I'm in Asia), only to realise it has no shimmer, and it's not the one everyone's talking about.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that there's something wrong with the sellers. It's just that the Chanel Black Satin nail color being sold in Canada, Europe, and Asia is NOT the same color or formulation that was released in the US.
really???
the chanel boutique in vancouver says its the exact same as USA

interesting.. actually i can see it making sense, we aren't into the shimmer much over here. i don' t think i'd wear it if it had shimmer, the last time i wore anything like that was in the late 90s and i was 15-16 or so. if i had my way it wouldn't even be glossy.

I guess the point is that the "made in France" flat finish version being distributed in Europe, Asia and Canada is not a limited edition product. It will be restocked in stores, while the "made in the USA" shimmer version will not.
Why pay big bucks when you simply have to wait for the next shipment?

If you prefer a shimmer-free black, Rimmel has a flat vinyl black polish called Black Satin, Opi has Black Onyx, and Essie has Licorice. And there's always Wet 'n Wild. All retail for under $8.00

The Ebay guide at eBay Guides - Chanel Black Satin Nail Polish USA LE vs. FRANCE is very informative.

I would second the notion of shopping in a neighborhood not frequented by high end shoppers...i got mine in downtown LA. However, I called several last week and all were sold out.

And if you buy the one in Europe, it is not the same. The US black satin has a little shimmer where the European Black Satin is a flat high gloss.

You can get them on Ebay for just about 100 a pop!

OMG I just looked on Ebay and bottles of this are going for $80!!!!! Holy cow!

:nuts: Wow! How funny...

I picked a bottle of black satin up on a whim back in August, while I was shopping at Neiman's in SF. I had no idea how coveted this polish has become, but I do love it. The color is shiny and oh-so-rock & roll. I just painted my nails with it today because I'm going to see a friend's band play. :rolleyes: