Chanel black caviar baby Cabas....still hot or not?????

kristie

"H" is for horses?
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
So I am on the fence about getting the baby Cabas in black caviar (If I can find one anywhere!) since I have always lusted over this bag....I also am liking the LV Damier Trevi PM.......totally different bags :nuts:

Is the baby Cabas still a "hot" item? For those that have it, any major dislikes about it?

Sooooooo.........stick with my lust for the baby Cabas and hold out for one to pop up or get the LV Trevi PM??

TIA!!:P

If you love the baby cabas, then get it. No use in lusting over it. You won't feel satisfied until you have it. Personally, I'd go with the LV as I've never really liked the baby cabas (it's just my own personal preference).

will it only be available at bergdoff goodman?? i wish they will have it at all chanel locations because i've been wanting one for so long and it was discontinued!! i'm excited!!!

Really!!!! At BG? Only? Any information to share? I have the black baby cabas and its really casual and chic. My gal friend has been asking me if it would ever be release again.

I love mine and would never get rid of it. To me, its a quirky classic and fits beautifully with a very casual, lifestyle. Also, its pretty much maintenance-free. Oh, and it can be discreet too, if you tuck the CC charm inside it. *

* of course, I wouldnt do this, being a hopeless label snob!!! teehee

I don't see how the Cabas is outdated because it is, in essence, an oversized, slouchy tote. Bal makes the Day, and a ton of designers continually roll out bags in similar shapes and styles. Sure, bag trends may vacillate between oversized v. "regular," structured v. unstructured, but a trend shouldn't dictate what you wear, IMHO. I love my Cabas, because it conforms to the body (definitely not a bulky tote) and fits a ton... if you love it, who cares what others think. :P

I love the smooshy slouchiness of the cabas but I LOVE Damier and the concept of the Trevi. The one thing that bothers me about the Trevi is that in the back of my mind, it somehow reminds me of a knitting bag or something *runs and hides*

AGREED!!!
i personally never a fan of damier trevi...

I don't see how the Cabas is outdated because it is, in essence, an oversized, slouchy tote. Bal makes the Day, and a ton of designers continually roll out bags in similar shapes and styles. Sure, bag trends may vacillate between oversized v. "regular," structured v. unstructured, but a trend shouldn't dictate what you wear, IMHO. I love my Cabas, because it conforms to the body (definitely not a bulky tote) and fits a ton... if you love it, who cares what others think. :P

I think the cabas is a great bag. It can fit lots of stuff. I have a black baby cabas in the large size. However, it is really hard to get things organized in the large cabas. Hence, I would definitely prefer to get it in the smaller size. The large is really too huge. :smile: