Chanel being shipped to Canada

prettyali

O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Hi, I am looking for the new bubble quilt bag in the dark beige and here in toronto they are all gone:tdown: and I was wondering if any Canadian girls have gotten bags shipped from the US and how much was the dirty duty & tax fees. Thanks so much!

I had a YSL Muse shipped to me here in Canada last year from Vegas. the bag was approx. $1600 (I didn't have to pay US tax) but had to pay the full 15% Canadian tax at the time PLUS a brokerage fee of about $150-$200. In the end, I think I ended up paying about $2000 for the bag....but I didn't have any other choice because the bag was virtually impossible to get in Canada.

I'm now thinking about having a dark silver 226 reissue shipped to me and would love to find out if anyone one else from Canada knows if there's any way to get around the duties/brokerage fees. I've heard that you don't have to pay brokerage fees if the shipper uses a particular courier (not
Fedex, UPS or Purolator...but i have to find out which one). As for the duties, I don't know if there's a way around that unless if the shipper doesn't declare the true value of the bag on the form, but I don't know if they're even willing to do that.

I'd love to hear any tips or experiences from others too!

Do you have a friend in the U.S.? Have the bag shipped to your friend & then have it shipped by regular parel w/o commercial value. I guess that may have a chance to skip the custom, but you never know...Or even better if you don't mind receiving the bag at a later time, so if by chance your friend is coming up to Canada, or you're going to visit him/her, you can avoid paying extra $ for your bag.

I had a YSL Muse shipped to me here in Canada last year from Vegas. the bag was approx. $1600 (I didn't have to pay US tax) but had to pay the full 15% Canadian tax at the time PLUS a brokerage fee of about $150-$200. In the end, I think I ended up paying about $2000 for the bag....but I didn't have any other choice because the bag was virtually impossible to get in Canada.

I'm now thinking about having a dark silver 226 reissue shipped to me and would love to find out if anyone one else from Canada knows if there's any way to get around the duties/brokerage fees. I've heard that you don't have to pay brokerage fees if the shipper uses a particular courier (not
Fedex, UPS or Purolator...but i have to find out which one). As for the duties, I don't know if there's a way around that unless if the shipper doesn't declare the true value of the bag on the form, but I don't know if they're even willing to do that.

I'd love to hear any tips or experiences from others too!
I think all couriers have broker fees and road fees, etc. Even Canada Post does that. I've tried a few different shipping services and they all charge.

If you ask them to not declare the true value, how will they be able to insure it for the true value?

I never take chances with such expensive items when they are shipped to me. It usually works out to be about the same as if I had bought it here. Usually a little less.