Chanel ballet flats date/type of leather

Sep 1, 2016
Hello everyone !
I just bought these Chanel ballet flats off Vide Dressing, I received them today!
I just have two questions, is this leather patent leather? If so, can I clean the shoes with non alcoholic wipes like I do with my bags? (caviar leather/buffalo leather)
And my second question, can someone actually date these shoes with their serial number? Just an approximation.
Thank you very very much! :smile:

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2016
Hello everyone !
I just bought these Chanel ballet flats off Vide Dressing, I received them today!
I just have two questions, is this leather patent leather? If so, can I clean the shoes with non alcoholic wipes like I do with my bags? (caviar leather/buffalo leather)
And my second question, can someone actually date these shoes with their serial number? Just an approximation.
Thank you very very much! :smile:
Well, I ended up cleaning them because I couldn't wait [emoji75] it went perfectly well. still need a little help for the date though, thank you !

nashpoo

O.G.
Feb 4, 2010
]Thanks to everyone that replied! Does anyone know if the stitched logo on the toe cap is supposed to be exactly the same on every other ballet flats? I compared my authentic ballet flats to these slightly used ones I just got, and the slightly used shoes' CC logo looks alittle skinnier than the original one. This is what the logo looks like View attachment 3841872
Did you mean to post this seven times? Haha. But I think they're hand sewn? So they might not look 110 prevent the same. Did you get them authenticated..

Aug 5, 2016
Did you mean to post this seven times? Haha. But I think they're hand sewn? So they might not look 110 prevent the same. Did you get them authenticated..
Haha I did! I figured I would have more of a chance for a response. No I haven't gotten them authenticated yet. I posted it on the authentication thread but I'm not sure if they authenticate shoes. I also noticed the heel part isn't as curved as my other one... you can see on the second pic. Also the spacing of the Made in France stamp and the shoe size is different. The left side of my authentic ones, the right side are my unsure ones..
IMG_1507006908.334997.jpg
IMG_1507006867.400620.jpg