Chanel bags - not leather - tweed, canvas etc. worth it?

minababe

♥
O.G.
Jan 6, 2007
Hi Ladies,

Would like to know what you think about the Chanel bags, timeless, 2.55 etc that are not made out of leather.
are they Holding up over years? are they worth the Money?

I saw some really nice bags out of Tweed and canvas. they look so cute and beautiful especial for spring and summer.
but I worry about the Quality. how are Holding up over time?
have you experiences with the different materials?
would you say they are worth to buy or should I stay away of These?

please help me:flowers:

Reactions: Namwan-
When I started my chanel collection many many years ago I had little knowledge about materials, value over time ect so I added a satin flap in black with leather/ chain strap. I’ve had her for about 12 years and I must say she’s stil beautifull. I havent used her as much as my leather bags. These days I go for leather bags as i have more knowledge of the value. Personally I think you should get what you love and suits your style

Out of my 8 bags, 2 are tweed and or tweed/cotton blend. I bought them because I fell in love, but knew they weren’t the most practical. And to top it off, they were more expensive than the same bag in leather.

But I already had all of my basics in leather: 3 black, 2 navy and one light beige. So I felt I could add a couple of more delicate bags to my collection. They are not every day bags, and I do baby them, but I plan on enjoying them as much as possible.

Reactions: creamyscreamy
That is great to hear. I had assumed they would be less hardy because of possible snags or pilling. Your post gives me motivation to take them out more often. They are extremely well made, so that makes sense.

Would love to get more input on people's experiences with pilling on tweed Gabrielles. I'm thinking about buying a tweed Gabby, and pilling and water resistance were my two biggest concerns.

I have got one khaki canvas (coco cuba collection) classic flap and to be honest to this day it is the bag i used the most. I would definitely have loved to have gotten it in black as well.
Totally worth it IMO.

Avoid vinyl and coated canvas especially if you live in a humid climate and bags not stored una climate clot rolled closet oh and also fabric all my bags ended up with a sticky feel

I have a canvas seasonal bag from the Cruise ‘17 Cuba collection and it has held up quite well. I don’t carry it a ton because the charms and color make it sort of season-limited but it still looks exactly as it did the day I got it.