** Chanel bags, little girls ... and Walmart? **

Wow........

This makes me feel as though pretty soon half of the population will be carrying a Chanel or a Chanel-esc bag. Too many out there. I hate to admit it, but I really wish that Chanel wasn't gaining so much popularity. I would hate seeing bags that resemble mine everywhere. It still resembles it with or without the Chanel logo or name.
I sure hope that Chanel is not going to be the next LV (sorry no offense). A Chanel-esc bag on every other person, in every shop, on every corner . I just dislike the fact that so many of these stores are flooding the market with Chanel-esc purses.
Sure to each their own if they want to wear it, but these darn stores are supplying and flooding the market with them. I'd just hate to see it get way out of control. This is just how I feel about it sorry.

I agree with you, that's actually one of the things that put me off Louis Vuitton. When I was in middle and high school it was like a big fake LV party blech. I remember though seeing that and I was like "Ugh at least it's not fake Chanel" (Chanel was always my favorite)...and then about a month or so later those got hot too :throwup: And I think we enjoy the thrill of the hunt a bit too, finding a rare bag not something that's everywhere and common

I agree with you, that's actually one of the things that put me off Louis Vuitton. When I was in middle and high school it was like a big fake LV party blech. I remember though seeing that and I was like "Ugh at least it's not fake Chanel" (Chanel was always my favorite)...and then about a month or so later those got hot too :throwup: And I think we enjoy the thrill of the hunt a bit too, finding a rare bag not something that's everywhere and common

Yes, maybe that's what bothered me about it. The thought of Chanel and Chanel-esc bags being every where and common. I will still love and enjoy my Chanel bags dearly, but I know that it will affect how I feel about them in some way. I just can't explain it really.

Not my cup of tea. But, if doesn't say Chanel than c'est la vie. It may be a very close replica but I doubt the material is lambskin, if even leather and that the craftsmanship can even hold a candle to that of Chanel. So, I highly doubt anyone will mistake it for an actual Chanel. Plus, I don't begrade anyone who wants the style but can't afford it so goes the inspired by route, as long as it's not a fake.

Uhm that is one reason I prefer the Chanel classic flaps over the reissues. No interlocking CCs are easier to imitate. I have seen so many with similar designs. They are not fakes so you can't really fault them.

wow........

This makes me feel as though pretty soon half of the population will be carrying a chanel or a chanel-esc bag. Too many out there. I hate to admit it, but i really wish that chanel wasn't gaining so much popularity. I would hate seeing bags that resemble mine everywhere. It still resembles it with or without the chanel logo or name.
I sure hope that chanel is not going to be the next lv (sorry no offense). A chanel-esc bag on every other person, in every shop, on every corner :sick:. I just dislike the fact that so many of these stores are flooding the market with chanel-esc purses.
Sure to each their own if they want to wear it, but these darn stores are supplying and flooding the market with them. I'd just hate to see it get way out of control. This is just how i feel about it sorry.

agreed

Aw, that is sweet. Though I am not brave enough to shop with the hubby. He drives me batty. I went to Sears with him before, and I can't tell you how many drills we looked at. They all looked the SAME TO ME.

hey maybe they could start selling Chanels at hardware stores!
Something for everyone!

Then my hubby and I could go shopping together :love:

Hi hellokatiegirl! That was funny! But definitely do not send the hubby to do your shopping. I sent mine to the grocery for carrots, eggs, and milk. He came back with lettuce, chocolate, and ice cream. I even gave him a list too. Maybe he just can't read.

I find this sort of funny! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think the classic Chanel bag has been copied by low end and even higher end companies for quite sometime, nothing to worry about.

I am a little bit worried that my husband saw this post and thinks he should just pick one of these up at Walmart instead of purchasing another Chanel bag!!!!:lol:

Aw, that is sweet. Though I am not brave enough to shop with the hubby. He drives me batty. I went to Sears with him before, and I can't tell you how many drills we looked at. They all looked the SAME TO ME.

YES!!! ...and you mean to say they aren't all the same lol?!

I am a big proponent of men and women shopping separately lol.

Unless he's buying :graucho: Even then I don't want him there! Takes me off focus hheehee

BTW they think the same about our purses "they all look the same to me!!!"

Hi luvchnl! I really hope your love for your Chanel bags isn't affected. It's just Walmart ... and ok, Forever 21 and Kohls (I've never been to either store). Likely there will continue to be copies from the chain stores. So please do enjoy your beautiful Chanel pieces, regardless of who is carrying what.

[/B]

Yes, maybe that's what bothered me about it. The thought of Chanel and Chanel-esc bags being every where and common. I will still love and enjoy my Chanel bags dearly, but I know that it will affect how I feel about them in some way. I just can't explain it really.

Seriously, don't even ASK what the differences are! He might tell you! Then you're in serious trouble because do you care about drill bits and speeds and whatever else?

I just want to know, does the Maxi look better than the Jumbo on me??? Even then, I'm more likely to believe a complete stranger over him.

I totally agree, I shop separately from the hubby too. And the kid! They start to pick up things, and we all get distracted ... and 2 hours later, we finally exit the store ... and I *still* forgot the onions!

And yes, even if he might be buying, I go alone! Or with a girlfriend who loves beautiful bags like we do. As you said, I NEED FOCUS ... So true!

Unless he's buying :graucho: Even then I don't want him there! Takes me off focus hheehee

PS: Two weeks ago, I showed the hubby photos of two different Chanel bags. I said, "Which do you like better? I need compartments, I need to be organized."

So he goes to the computer ... and 10 minutes later, he says, "I like this one."

And he's pointing to a BV bag I'm not familiar with, with no compartments at all. While it was a lovely bag, it was not what I had asked. He was really serious though, so I just said, "Thank you."

Honestly. Men speak another language.

Hi OlgaMUA! I think it's supposed to be a cheap imitation ... for kids. I honestly don't believe any adult woman would buy it for herself. Do you? I guess I didn't realize that so many chain stores have already been copying Chanel.

I've seen them.. they look and feel as cheap as their price tag.

Seriously, don't even ASK what the differences are! He might tell you! Then you're in serious trouble because do you care about drill bits and speeds and whatever else?

I just want to know, does the Maxi look better than the Jumbo on me??? Even then, I'm more likely to believe a complete stranger over him.

I totally agree, I shop separately from the hubby too. And the kid! They start to pick up things, and we all get distracted ... and 2 hours later, we finally exit the store ... and I *still* forgot the onions!

And yes, even if he might be buying, I go alone! Or with a girlfriend who loves beautiful bags like we do. As you said, I NEED FOCUS ... So true!

LOLLLL

Funny....
If I took my husband shopping, we'd get in the store, I'd look around for about 1 second literally, and his eyes would glaze over. He would turn to me and say, "Are you done yet??"

Aaaaargh