Chanel Bag Strap Problem

ddchicago85

Mar 14, 2016
i have this flap bag purchased for $3300 in February of this year used once and with barely anything inside the purse after using it for an hour the strap broke off. This was the second time there was an issue with the bag, the first issue was small but after opening the bag from the box i noticed a flaw in the strap. I texted the SA the issue and she said she could fix it. thats fine, i have had other chanel bags with hardware issues fixed at the store right away in the past, but on bags used for a few years. this bag is brand new and now the strap twice is making me regret the purchase lol. Do you think there is a defect in the strap? Two issues and carried around for an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpg
    IMG_1795.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMG_6070.jpg
    IMG_6070.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,188
Thats so sad to hear. Im sorry you had to experience this. Did the chain or the leather snapped? I would bring it back to your SA since she knows the bag has issue the first time & discuss whats the option available soon. I hope they will manage to help you on this.

The chain link snapped from the shoulder piece. I just am so hesitant about thisnbag now. Would
It be preposterous for Chanel to replace the bag for me? Long history Chanel customer never usually with an issue.

Similar thing happened to me before when I was out of town, and my Chanel flap was the only bag I had with me. They will fix it for free, but don't expect to return it for another. It's been too long since original purchase.

Hi all lovely ladies! I have just got my Chanel mini rectangular from the cruise 17. I have noticed that the metal part that connect the strap to the bag on the left side is loose. Is that normal? I am afraid that this metal part will damage the leather part when the bag is worn. On the right side the metal part is not moveable. Please help me, because I have to take it back to the person I bought it from if this is a flaw. I will insert a pitchure

It is not possible to upload a pic, so, the metal part is loose, not that it goes of, but I can rotate it around and it has a gap (the gap is not big enough for the chain strap to come trough

Hi I just brought a new chanel. Classic flap & in some instances the leather in the chain appears to be extremely loss. As a result keeps getting tangled/twisted. Is this normal if so how can I combat? Or is it a defect? Any opinions will be appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: adoregoods