Chanel bag repair over 5 years old

baybay0359

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
Hello everyone, I remember awhile back the outrage that occurred over Chanel's new repair policy. From what I remember it was that: Chanel would only repair bags that were less than 5 years old and purchased from the boutique. Based on this change, I was hesitant to buy pre-owned. Despite this hesitation, I fell in love with a pre-owned never carried red jumbo single flap bag (2012) and bought it.

About a year into carrying it, the stitch that held the flap to the bag came undone. I was concerned that it would never get fixed properly both because of the colour that the repair person would have to match and because I live in Canada where the reputable handbag repair shops are few and far between. Because of this, I tested my luck, walked into Chanel, and asked if they would fix it. Without any hesitation, they basically said, "of course". They asked zero questions (about where I purchased it) and really didn't seem to care that it was more than 5 years old. I now have the bag back about a month later (it went to Toronto) and it looks good as new. Plus, it only cost me $35.

So, am I out of it, and just missed that they backtracked on this policy? Or, did I get lucky?

Hello everyone, I remember awhile back the outrage that occurred over Chanel's new repair policy. From what I remember it was that: Chanel would only repair bags that were less than 5 years old and purchased from the boutique. Based on this change, I was hesitant to buy pre-owned. Despite this hesitation, I fell in love with a pre-owned never carried red jumbo single flap bag (2012) and bought it.

About a year into carrying it, the stitch that held the flap to the bag came undone. I was concerned that it would never get fixed properly both because of the colour that the repair person would have to match and because I live in Canada where the reputable handbag repair shops are few and far between. Because of this, I tested my luck, walked into Chanel, and asked if they would fix it. Without any hesitation, they basically said, "of course". They asked zero questions (about where I purchased it) and really didn't seem to care that it was more than 5 years old. I now have the bag back about a month later (it went to Toronto) and it looks good as new. Plus, it only cost me $35.

So, am I out of it, and just missed that they backtracked on this policy? Or, did I get lucky?
You are lucky. Got to a nice store/SA. Also I think the issue you described was quite simple of a fix so they likely were more easygoing with it. Either way enjoy it!!! So glad it worked out for you

Hi! Wondering what Chanel you went to :smile: I just purchased a preloved Cf and one of the grommets has to be replaced (hairline) and a stitch has come loose. Hoping for similar service ❤️