Chanel Bag: I need to make a choice. Help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    Hi All! I have a question. I will need to return one of the these and they were both the SAME price. The one on the left has no damage just a little dimpling but it comes with card, hologram sticker and sleeper. The one on the right has no dimpling/wrinkling, but it also has NO hologram sticker, card or sleeper and has some tarnish to chain that I would have to address at some point.

They are both about the same size but because of the placement of the holes at the top, one looks taller because of how the bag folds over. Also keep in mind that the quilting and leather texture is different so one shows a sheen and the other doesn't because of the way the light is reflecting off the quilting at the moment, but both bags have a nice luster. Which one would you keep?

chan 1.jpg

2. Hi!! I was thinking the right one when I first looked at it but after reading your description, I'd pick the left one with the sticker and card. I think it'll give you peace of mind having those items. Although there's dimpling, the chain isn't tarnished and most lambskin bags seem to have the dimpling anyway. Gorgeous bags! :smile: Hope that helps!

3. It does help. And I do know for certain that they are both authentic. Here is a pic of the one that is dimpled/wrinkled from a different angle.

http://mail.aol.com/38394-114/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=30133822&folder=OldMail&partId=1

4. The one on the right looks a lot better, but I would be concerned with the tarnished chain.

5. The one on the right looks better to me; you can get the chain replaced for about $120 (think that is the new price, as the old one was $60). The bag overall just looks better visually from the front.

6. +1 I completely agree. The bag on the right is stunning, just replace the chain.

7. If you are not selling it in future, just replace the chain like all the ladies proposed cos there's nothing you can do with the dimpling

8. The right one looks better overall imo too

9. I agree the right one looks better

10. +1 for the right

11. +1 right

12. Right pls

13. One more vote for the right

14. Right one! Anyway congrats on your new bag whichever it is!