Chanel Bag from NM, no dustbag?

kkayc

O.G.
Mar 22, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if this is normal. I just received my medium lambskin blue fonce Chanel bag from Neiman's. I know it's from last season and I'm lucky I got one, but there's no dustbag.

Should I ask? Or am I incorrect in assuming that a $2k+ purse should come with a dustbag.

I'd buy one off Ebay, but they run about $40-50 and I would think since my bag wasn't on sale or anything, it should come with a dustbag.

When I order over the phone from NM, it's usually a hit or miss. I just recently ordered a white caviar chanel. I told them that I wanted a brand new one. The white chanel arrived half inside and half outside of the chanel box and was completely smashed. That said, I can't believe that they would send you a LAMBSKIN chanel with no dustbag. :wtf: I'd call the SA and ask her to send you one.

I once ordered a bag from NM catalogue and got a non Chanel dustbag that was white and very flimsy. (Looked exactly like those shoe bags you'd see at some hotels) When I complained to the CS about it though, she answered back they send out whatever is available. What the...?

BUT I'm assuming you got it from a store, doing charge send? Then you should definitely call the SA you got it from and ask him/her to send you the dustbag. Yes, you are correct to assume that bag priced over $2000 should come with a dustbag. Even if they happen to lost the dustbag that came with your bag, they could just grab one from other bags!

Thanks, they did do a charge-send. I'll give them a call. Hopefully, I can get one because I'd hate to have to pay $50 for a dustbag on Ebay.

Btw clk55girl- that's awful that your purse was so poorly packed.

I'm surprised because the Chanel Boutiques pack their bags so nicely and Neimans seems a bit haphazard. Underneath my purse was old tissue, which had a sticker that was ripped. I can tell the purse was returned and there are scratch marks on the inner flap ( 2 that are over an inch long) and a few on the outer flap as well.

Oh well, it is an older bag so I knew to expect marks. I just want to keep it protected with a little dustbag.

Yes, it was poorly packed AND a display/return bag. The corners had black scuff marks on them. Needless to say, the bag went straight back to NM. If I'm paying over 2K for a bag, I want to be the one that ends up scuffing the bag. There was also another incident when I was sent a red caviar bag with no Chanel box. They just threw the bag into the cardboard shipping box. My bag got deformed in transit and I actually had to mold the bag back into shape.

Definitely have your SA send you a dustbag. Did it come with the Chanel box or did they just throw the bag on top of some old tissue and into the cardboard shipping box?

no, that's not normal. I've had several bags shipped to me and they're always immaculately packed and of course include a dust bag.
Just call your SA:yes:

I recently got a white GST from Nordstrom ($2125 before tax); came in the box but no dustbag. That's the way it goes.

Oh, I hope they sent you one. I don't think the department store SAs check things as well as the SAs at the Chanel Boutique. I do like the latter more, since they go through the motions of wrapping it up in a bow and even including a shopping bag, which is cute.

Oh well, I called the SA today, before I let time slip by and hopefully one will becoming shortly.

Btw- here's the purse (I didn't use the flash of my camera so it's a little dark) and here's the tissue it was resting on. The tissue wasn't even wrapped around it, just there underneath, ripped tape and all.

I am pleased with the purse though. My friend came over and was fondling it...which worried me because she had just come back from a dinner and I was worried she'd dirty the lambskin w/ oily hands. I kept stressing to her, how easy it is to damage and dirty lambskin...but she didn't catch the hint.

Attachments

• Chanel_beu.jpg
    Chanel_beu.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 182
  • tissue.jpg
    tissue.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 163