Chanel Bag Charms?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I just got a black Cerf tote with gold hardware (one of these days I will get around to doing a reveal of my purchases over the last few months) and would love to accessorize it with a cute bag charm. Does Chanel make bag charms? The only one I have seen is a lovely tiger charm posted by nscwong, but I have never seen these in stores. Does anyone know if they are available and what options exist?

Also, would it be tacky to accessorize with a LV bag charm, one that doesn't have the huge "LV" on it?

I have thought of getting a scarf, too, but don't know if that would work for me. Maybe a cute leopard print?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

Jennifer

2. Jennifer,

There are a few charms that Chanel makes...one of them is shown (an ice cube charm) on the Chanel website under the fall/winter collection of jewelry. The only one I've ever seen at my store was a blue heart one with gold hardware and pink writing. The only other thing I can think of which I don't know if it would work for the Cerf are the camellias. I also don't think it would be bad to accessorize with LV charms like the cute flower ones that are out right now :smile:

3. Thanks, I:heart:Coco. I think I am going to check out the LV charms tomorrow. The Ice Cube wouldn't work for me because I want something with gold for the gold hardware.

Jennifer

4. How about China doll key ring? Have you seen that before? But the doll may be too small as a bag charm.

5. Hey Jennifer!

My friend got me this super duper cute Chanel keychain/charm thing that I think would look ADORABLE on a black cerf. I will try to find pictures of it but it's basically a thinner version of the leather chains that is on the flap and attached to the chain is a resin CC, a camellia, and a Chanel 5 bottle. I'll take a pic or look for one for you!

6. that was pretty mello_yello_jen!
    someone already scooped it up! ahaha

7. 10C had some keychains/bag charms. I bought blue roi bag charm and saw yellow and red too. I'm not sure if they are still around, but I did not find my bleu roi until wayyyy after 10C had came and left
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks for the suggestions! I will have to look around more next time I get to a boutique. I am pretty sure my local NM has nothing like these.

Jennifer

9. Question: Although not opposed to bag charms, do you find it can scratch the leather?

10. I have the same concern.

11. I think it would depend on the charm and whether it has hard or soft edges. It would also depend on the leather. I would not put it on a lambskin bag, but the Cerf seems pretty durable.

Jennifer

12. No scratches I have encountered, but I don't carry blue roi often at all. I wouldn't leave it on an everyday lambskin bag, but I would not be worried with caviar (like the cerf).. Congrats BTW! Can't wait for your reveal to see what other goodies have followed you home :graucho:

13. I also have a Cerf tote in black, but with silver hardware. I bought a few ribbons/twillys as accessories for it from Hermes and LV. I also bought a cute ribbon from Tiffany's which feature their signature keys on it.