Chanel bag care......

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Is there any product to use to clean or get the stains out of Chanel handbags??? I'm extra careful with mine, and if there is a product I'd love to have a bottle. I keep worrying I'll stain one of mine, and I need a product to clean it or get the stains out of my handbag to ease my conscience, that if something does happen, or it does get a stain, I can get it out. Please, can someone help, or reccommend a product that works???

I know shoe repair shops sell patent leather cleaner but I don't have a patent Chanel so I can't tell you if it works on Chanel's patent.
I do know (from experience) that patent leather is difficult. Ink stains and then starts to "creep" or spread. I have one LV patent bag that faded from a neutral light blue, to an aqua!:cursing: I never took it to the beach or sat in the sun with it. At least it faded evenly, so it's still wearable, but annoying as aqua doesn't really go with a lot of things.
Lots of people have just sent their bags back to Chanel for a "professional" cleaning.

I'd take it to Chanel for cleaning - for standard leather products I use the Lexol leather conditioner to keep it from getting stained - but if my bag got a stained I'd send it to the designer to fix as they know it best!

I'd take it to Chanel for cleaning - for standard leather products I use the Lexol leather conditioner to keep it from getting stained - but if my bag got a stained I'd send it to the designer to fix as they know it best!

I'd definitely recommend that too. But my SA just told me a trick with White Caviar Handbags. If it looks dirty, you might want to rub the dirty part with a rubber. That's what she told me. :biggrin::yes::tup:

I have a Chanel evening bag. I'm not sure what would get a stain or mark out of that. Has anyone heard of Margaret's Purse Cleaning??? I was thinking of sending my Chanel's there, by mail, to get them cleaned every three months or so.