Chanel bag care......

I think I'm going to start sending my bags in to Margaret's Purse Cleaning. It says they've cleaned Chanel's before....I'm just cautious because I don't live anywhere near the place so they have this service I think something called Clean By Mail, but I am cautious sending my Chanel through the mail....what if I sent it through the mail and something happened to it????

Just an update, I am buying collonil nanospray to use on some of my Bottegas as that is what they recommended most (by SA too) for Bottega. Does anyone ever use this on a chanel? my chanel is a white caviar classic flap so I dont think it attracts dirt or stain very much but I may one to try the spray on the bag eventually.

I recently found sort of fingerprintish I guess stain, but it doesn't really look like one on my Chanel bag after only using it once. (And I took good care of it!! I mean, I wouldn't carry it if I knew I was going to be eating, and I never put it on the floor, I put it on my lap.) So, I don't know what I am going to do about. It's a pink evening bag, I'm not sure what the material's made of....guessing satin, but again, I'm not sure. I guess I'll just try to ignore the stain/mark and then when I get a bit more wear out of it, I'll send it in to a purse cleaner place.

I do hear that some sprays like aquaguard so something makes the leather stiff. I hear good things about collonil though so I am going to try it. It is supposed to repel water and stains w/o changing the texture of the leather. I have also learned that Hermes make this kind of spray too (from the Hermes forum) but I'm not sure if it is suitable with chanels. Do you know how often we are supposed to spray it?

I'm thinkin of getting a white caviar flap but am afraid that colour from my clothes, esp. darker/brighter colour ones, will stain the bag. Anyone have this experience before?

I'm thinkin of getting a white caviar flap but am afraid that colour from my clothes, esp. darker/brighter colour ones, will stain the bag. Anyone have this experience before?

I have a white caviar flap and I have not had any stains on it. I also wear it with dark colored blouse so I guess its ok. The lambskin may be more prone to color transfer but so far caviar has been great.=)