Chanel bad quality strikes again... Small Boy w/ photos

YS1_

Designer
Feb 11, 2016
IMG_1699.JPG Alright, I've heard many complaints about the quality going downhill for quite some time now and after finally waiting all this time to buy my first Chanel, I'm hoping this is the first and last time this will happen.

Here I have a small black Chanel boy with ruthenium hardware and a unique, pleated lambskin design.

The problem: hiccups in stitching the side of the bag causing the entire gusset to pucker unnaturally. This causes the right side profile of the bag to look smashed in, versus the left side having normal pristine stitching.

But the fact that these are uneven after paying $4,500+tax is killing me. I admit I didn't see this when I inspected it in store because I only noticed it after I tried it on and looked in the mirror... but how did the SA's miss this? Do they purposely send out defects, or what is the standard of quality control here? UGH!

I purchased this from Bloomingdale's at South Coast Plaza with a lovely gal named Brittany. I am waiting on a response from her on what to do from now, since I picked it up on 2/16... since I bought it presale (picked it up in store later) I cannot confirm if this bag pictured here is the one I originally tried on.

Will keep this thread updated.

TL;DR: I didn't believe the deteriorating quality until my newest baby had such an alarming mutation that I can't believe this was missed by quality control. UGH.

IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1698.JPG

View attachment 3612335 Alright, I've heard many complaints about the quality going downhill for quite some time now and after finally waiting all this time to buy my first Chanel, I'm hoping this is the first and last time this will happen.

Here I have a small black Chanel boy with ruthenium hardware and a unique, pleated lambskin design.

The problem: hiccups in stitching the side of the bag causing the entire gusset to pucker unnaturally. This causes the right side profile of the bag to look smashed in, versus the left side having normal pristine stitching.

But the fact that these are uneven after paying $4,500+tax is killing me. I admit I didn't see this when I inspected it in store because I only noticed it after I tried it on and looked in the mirror... but how did the SA's miss this? Do they purposely send out defects, or what is the standard of quality control here? UGH!

I purchased this from Bloomingdale's at South Coast Plaza with a lovely gal named Brittany. I am waiting on a response from her on what to do from now, since I picked it up on 2/16... since I bought it presale (picked it up in store later) I cannot confirm if this bag pictured here is the one I originally tried on.

TL;DR: I didn't believe the deteriorating quality until my newest baby had such an alarming mutation that I can't believe this was missed by quality control. UGH.

View attachment 3612326 View attachment 3612327[/QUOTE

]
Wow I can't believe it :eek:! I hope that they will find a solution. I've just bought the same bag as yours and I hopefully don't have this problem. Keep us informed!!

View attachment 3612335 Alright, I've heard many complaints about the quality going downhill for quite some time now and after finally waiting all this time to buy my first Chanel, I'm hoping this is the first and last time this will happen.

View attachment 3612326 View attachment 3612327

So sorry! It will get sorted though....Bloomingdales has a very lax return policy and even under Chanel policy (14 days), you'd be well within the time limit to return. Don't settle until you are happy, especially since it is your first! Hope you find a perfect one to take home :tup:

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing. I have the same bag as you. Here is the side view of mine. Does it have that problem too? View attachment 3613993View attachment 3613994

OMG, my bag also looks like that! Except one side was pristine, and the other was rumpled. If they both looked rumpled I wouldn't care as much to notice.... but the fact that mine are so drastically uneven bothers me so much. When I wear it on my right shoulder and look straight forward in the mirror, all I see is the dent in the profile of the bag.

I notice a similarity between our bags too, the top right corner of the stitching in particular looks quite rough, like something didn't line up properly. Kind of relieved that I'm not in this one alone, maybe it's a common production issue.

I'm going to take my boy in this weekend to see if Bloomies can do anything for me Haven't worn him out yet because of this issue. Will keep everyone posted!

OMG, my bag also looks like that! Except one side was pristine, and the other was rumpled. If they both looked rumpled I wouldn't care as much to notice.... but the fact that mine are so drastically uneven bothers me so much. When I wear it on my right shoulder and look straight forward in the mirror, all I see is the dent in the profile of the bag.

I notice a similarity between our bags too, the top right corner of the stitching in particular looks quite rough, like something didn't line up properly. Kind of relieved that I'm not in this one alone, maybe it's a common production issue.

I'm going to take my boy in this weekend to see if Bloomies can do anything for me Haven't worn him out yet because of this issue. Will keep everyone posted!

When I use the bag and open it, there is no puckering or anything. All the edges/gussets seen straight and stitches seem fine though. I just figured lambskin would just soften over time and the dents would go away with use.

Hope your SA responds soon

Reactions: YS1_