Chanel backpack, what to get?

isun83

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
Hello ladies,

I went to Chanel yesterday and saw Chanel backpacks. I really love affinity, Urban spirit (mini), and gabrielle backpacks. I can only buy one and I’d love to get something that is timeless. I really love Urban spirit but lambskin worries me. What are your thoughts? Which one would you get? Thank you!!

Hello ladies,

I went to Chanel yesterday and saw Chanel backpacks. I really love affinity, Urban spirit (mini), and gabrielle backpacks. I can only buy one and I’d love to get something that is timeless. I really love Urban spirit but lambskin worries me. What are your thoughts? Which one would you get? Thank you!!
I got the 19P small Urban Spirit in black lambskin two weeks ago. The Chanel boutiques still have 18K calfskin Urban Spirit. My SA sent me a picture with two Urban Spirit backpacks side by side. I chose the lambskin since I prefer the shiny lambskin to the matte calfskin and it will not be an everyday bag for me. I have several lambskin Chanel bags, but this backpack lambskin is the toughest. Even my SA said that they made tougher. I don't know if Chanel uses the better quality buttery soft lambskin for the classics flaps or Chanel made the lambskin durable for the backpack.

Reactions: nattyt145
Hello ladies,

All the 3 backpacks are lovely. Which you loved more?
I got the Gabrielle backpack ( all black) as i fell so in love with it . Loved the aged calfskin and the multiple color of the hardware.
The business affinity has a pocket outside which makes it more functionable.
Try them on, and see which one you love most.
Good luck in deciding.

Reactions: nattyt145
Thank you! Can I ask you where you were able to find 18k calfskin?how are you liking lambskin backpack?
I got the 19P small Urban Spirit in black lambskin two weeks ago. The Chanel boutiques still have 18K calfskin Urban Spirit. My SA sent me a picture with two Urban Spirit backpacks side by side. I chose the lambskin since I prefer the shiny lambskin to the matte calfskin and it will not be an everyday bag for me. I have several lambskin Chanel bags, but this backpack lambskin is the toughest. Even my SA said that they made tougher. I don't know if Chanel uses the better quality buttery soft lambskin for the classics flaps or Chanel made the lambskin durable for the backpack.

Thanks for tge input! I really love them all because they offer different vibes. Not sure which one will be a better investment for a long run
All the 3 backpacks are lovely. Which you loved more?
I got the Gabrielle backpack ( all black) as i fell so in love with it . Loved the aged calfskin and the multiple color of the hardware.
The business affinity has a pocket outside which makes it more functionable.
Try them on, and see which one you love most.
Good luck in deciding.

Thank you! Can I ask you where you were able to find 18k calfskin?how are you liking lambskin backpack?
I'm in US and my SA in New Jersey had three of SMALL black calfskin backpacks two weeks ago. I don't know about the MINI size since you're looking for mini.

And, I love my lambskin Urban Spirit. I got a bag organizer that was designed for the small Urban Spirit to prevent any future crease at the bottom. It worked out pretty good.

I'm in US and my SA in New Jersey had three of SMALL black calfskin backpacks two weeks ago. I don't know about the MINI size since you're looking for mini.

And, I love my lambskin Urban Spirit. I got a bag organizer that was designed for the small Urban Spirit to prevent any future crease at the bottom. It worked out pretty good.
oh, thank you so much! can I ask you which bag organizer worked out for you?

I have both the Gabrielle backpack (black distressed calf) and Urban Spirit (navy, new mini size in lamb). While I love the style of the Gabby, comfort and utility wise, the Urban Spirit wins hands down. It’s much lighter, chains don’t dig into my shoulder and it’s less fiddly to get into than the Gabrielle. HTH and good luck!

I have the small urban spirit in black calf with gold hardware and I think it’s a great hardwearing bag. It’s really light and it fits loads. I also use the samorga organiser and it protects the inside of the bag and fits perfectly. I was worried about the base sagging and the organiser prevents that. I always buy the samorga organisers and they are really good quality but they can take a while to arrive as they are made to order

I have both the Gabrielle backpack (black distressed calf) and Urban Spirit (navy, new mini size in lamb). While I love the style of the Gabby, comfort and utility wise, the Urban Spirit wins hands down. It’s much lighter, chains don’t dig into my shoulder and it’s less fiddly to get into than the Gabrielle. HTH and good luck!
How do you like the lambskin on mini? I’m going to get US but still deciding on the leather

I own the Urban Spirit large backpack and the small Gabrielle backpack, both in black. Honestly, I love both but for different uses. The Urban Spirit I'll use if I'm walking around all day since it fits more. It's lambskin so subtle scratches and marks are inevitable, especially because it is a backpack.

The Gabrielle backpack I love cuz it's so versatile. I wear it crossbody, as a backpack or just grab it hanging off my hands. It's more of my everyday when I'm driving around in my car, running errands and carrying a lot less. I have to say I probably like my Gabrielle backpack a tad more, I def use it more and it's more carefree when using, it since its aged calfskin.

I’m in the same boat as you! I will be in Paris in a few days and still can’t make up my mind!! I personally like the look and versatility of the affinity backpack with the front pocket but I also really like the one that zips all the way around (not too sure the name of it) since it seems like it would be much more secure and it also has a front pocket!

36F1FD25-8A88-4262-AF84-971C18461D02.jpeg

Reactions: Shoppingalways