Any recommendations for paid third-party authenticators?

eppy

May 26, 2010
hello all, i am looking to develop a business relationship with a professional chanel authentication service, and was wondering if you all have any recommendations. i'm specifically looking to have chanel bags authenticated via email with quick turnaround (a day or two at most) for $5-10 per item.

any help you could give at all would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much

I made a very spontanous purchase of a vintage flap (with thoughts of refurbishment, since BIN cost was so cheap), off my iphone a week ago. The seller, in all apperances, is a reputable ebay seller. Anyway, after examining my purchase next morning from my desktop monitor, I see SO many signs of a non-authentic bag:

• The back pocket stiching doesn't line up in several spots
  • The double C's on the lock are not interlocking, but rather one on top of the other
  • The inside flap looks off
I decided to pay for an authenticity check, since the bag was on it's way to me and I want to prepare my arguement for a return. I sent the link to Carol Diva for her expert opinon. Her email verdict came back today as an authentic Chanel. Her email just stated it was an authentic bag - but didn't explain to me the off characterics. Honestly, I've never seen a vintage flap like it, but I'm not expert on Chanel by any stretch of the imagination.

My question to you gals is, do I have it authenticated by another party or should I just go with with the seller's reputation and Carol Diva? Is she good with Chanels? I'd hate to take the bag to Chanel for refurb and have it come back a fake (as I suspect it is).

UGH!!!

Thank you, lallybelle.

IF it is authentic, I'd like to know more about it since it's so non-standard (for lack of a better term).

Do you know ithe above posted authenticator will send out an email back saying 'authentic' or 'fake'? Will they address my above comments? I honestly was surprised that Carol Diva just sent back a one liner. I expect a little more. I've never used such a service before.

Thank you, lallybelle.

IF it is authentic, I'd like to know more about it since it's so non-standard (for lack of a better term).

Do you know ithe above posted authenticator will send out an email back saying 'authentic' or 'fake'? Will they address my above comments? I honestly was surprised that Carol Diva just sent back a one liner. I expect a little more. I've never used such a service before.
I have used http://etincelerauthentications.com/ before on a purse I was thinking about purchasing. They seem to give more than a couple sentences when they inform about its authenticity however it read more like a template. If I had purchased the purse, I was planning on taking pictures of the actual bag and getting that authenticated as well due to talks of people pulling switcharoos ( posting authentic and sending fakes). Since its already on its way maybe you can consider doing that ? The paranoia of it being fake makes me stay away from buying online now. So I buy at the store. Good luck! Hope it's authentic!

I have used http://etincelerauthentications.com/ before on a purse I was thinking about purchasing. They seem to give more than a couple sentences when they inform about its authenticity however it read more like a template. If I had purchased the purse, I was planning on taking pictures of the actual bag and getting that authenticated as well due to talks of people pulling switcharoos ( posting authentic and sending fakes). Since its already on its way maybe you can consider doing that ? The paranoia of it being fake makes me stay away from buying online now. So I buy at the store. Good luck! Hope it's authentic!

Me too!! I know there are real ones out there, but I wouldn't take the risk especially since there are some pretty good KO's these days...

Thanks, all!

Chiming in to post that I recieved an email response from Carol Diva stating the non interlocking CCs is indicative of the bags age.

I can't wait for the other authenticators' opinion.