Chanel at work

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies-Do you wear your chanel to work? PPL talks...:tdown: they have been asking me where I got all the $$$ to buy so many handbags.....:cursing:

2. I use mine everyday...no one's dared to ask!

3. I do - and no one notices but me.

4. Yes, I wear mine to the office. But, I work with my DH :winkiss:.....funny, sometimes he asks the same thing.....hahahahaha.

5. Where I work, there are very few women (architecture firm). It's a small company, and all the girls carry designer bags. I don't think the guys even notice. So I've begun carrying my Chanels although I was EXTREMELY reluctant to do so (I used to strictly carry my nonlogo Longchamp to work).

I would never carry a designer bag to work if I received flak for it. Something as important as your career is not worth the "Well, why shouldn't I if I want to" mentality. Yeah, it's not right for people to judge you, but they do so anyway... unless you don't carry that bag!

6. i work as a freelancer, so people don't really bothered other people with questions about their bags :P
    but sometimes, i'm a bery sloppy person and i put any of my bags on the flor (clean floor or carpet btw). people would out it on the table or seats because they know they're pricey LOL i just hate to be someone who put their designer bags in table (seems showy) or seats (and not giving space for people to sit)

7. I work from home so nobody dare judge me!!! :P

When I used to commute to the office, no one cared and honestly, I only think two gals really knew the designers.

8. LOL!!!:roflmfao: Too funny!!!

9. Unemployed, but I might feel wary if I were working, only because I'm young.

10. I wear mine everyday to work otherwise I won't have an opportunity to wear them.

11. I do..and no one says anything..
    the other ladies here use LV
    anyway, ppl in Malaysia (where I'm from) would say a lot when I used my bags though..

12. I wear my chanel stuff to work. I never really thought about it being a bad thing! when I walk through the building some of the guys call me "Hollywood" when I have my Chanel sunglasses on. ;) I take it as a compliment!

13. Yes, but my whole field is about selling "image" so it really isn't a big deal. Now if I worked for a non-profit or something, it may be a different story. As it is, I am not out of place.

14. i work in fashion so it's fairly common for people to carry around designer bags in NYC's garment/fashion district. but, i'm still a beginner in my field, so to go under the radar and not bring in any attention, i only carry my modern chain tote and flip it around when i get to the office (so the double C logo doesn't show). ;) i don't want my bosses to think i'm being paid enough!

15. oh definitely. I carry them everday. I don't really care about what others think, where I used to work I got alot comments from older ladies who knew the brand.. But people should not judge you, no one knows the circumstances on how you got your bags.. could have been a gift, could have inherited it,could have found a great deal at a consignment shop. or you just saved up your money and bought what you desired..