Chanel at Nordstrom's Topanga Store???

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
Hi all. My understanding is the "new" Nordstrom store at Topanga Canyon (Valley NW of LA) will carry Chanel. I believe the store opens on Friday of this week. Look forward to any IRL reports...

The store is now open. Yes, they carry Chanel & Gucci.
Here's a press release on what the new store has to offer.

Nordstrom to Open Brand New Store at Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, Calif.
Tuesday September 26, 4:05 pm ET The newly relocated store to carry the company's most comprehensive designer offering in the country

SEATTLE, Sept. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN - News) will open its newly relocated store at Westfield Topanga Mall in Canoga Park, Calif., on Friday, October 6 at 10:00 a.m. The 200,000 square foot, three- level store will feature the company's most comprehensive designer offering in the country along with brand new design concepts, amenities and services. Nordstrom at Topanga will feature four designer ready-to-wear boutiques from Chanel, Valentino, Dolce & Gabbana, along with the company's first Gucci ready-to-wear boutique. The store will also feature collections from Azzaro, Badgley Mischka, Blumarine, Chloe, Calvin Klein, Derek Lam, Lanvin, Marni, Proenza Schouler, Roberto Cavalli, Vera Wang and Zac Posen.

Our customers have responded exceptionally well to the best product the market has to offer," said Pete Nordstrom, president of merchandising. "We've increased our designer offering in many stores across the country and, in the last year, we've made designer collections available online. We are eager to unveil our strongest comprehensive collection of designer merchandise across women's, footwear and accessories at Nordstrom Topanga."

Among the designer departments on the store's second floor is a redesigned and expanded 'via C' department which includes some of the most cutting edge names in fashion including Doo.ri, Dsquared2, Jovovich-Hawk, McQ, Phillip Lim, Prada Denim and more.

Nordstrom Topanga will feature five shoe departments including designer shoe collections from Chanel, Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Prada and Dolce & Gabbana. Also on the main floor will be Gucci, Christian Dior and Chanel handbag boutiques along with collections from Alexander McQueen, Burberry, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, Jimmy Choo, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Mulberry, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent and Zac Posen.

The store will also feature an updated cosmetics department featuring a Parfumerie, offering a wide selection of well-known, imported and exclusive- to-Nordstrom fine fragrances. In addition to renowned names in makeup and skincare, the department will house cosmetics shops from Armani Cosmetics, Jo Malone and Shu Uemura.

Nordstrom Topanga will feature the company's signature open, central escalator area from which the departments on each floor are visible. The customer-friendly interior presents visual cues reflecting the lifestyle each department represents. Fine art, custom carpet, wall coverings and state of the art lighting systems create compelling backgrounds for displaying merchandise.

In addition to the recently debuted "BP. Apartment" dressing room, the company will unveil new Kids' Wear and Kids' Shoes design concepts. The new department features a modern black and white template with accents in bright colors, a 200-gallon fish tank, and "The Crib" dressing room, an entertaining place for kids to try on clothes, complete with its very own Xbox. The Kids' Shoes department will feature Burberry Kids, Juicy Couture, Kors Michael Kors for Girls and Prada Bambino.

The store will also debut the company's new concept for its t.b.d. department, a sibling in design to the recently revamped contemporary Rail department for men. A lounge-like atmosphere furnished with oversized ottomans and pillows, the department has its very own "denim bar" featuring lines from AG Jeans, Chip and Pepper, Citizens of Humanity, J & Company, J Brand, Hudson and Paige Premium Denim. The store's Rail department for men will carry Affliction, Howe, Ed Hardy, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Rock Revival and True Religion.

Along with the first Nordstrom Spa Escape in the Los Angeles area and the Nordstrom Cafe Bistro, the store will offer the other services Nordstrom Topanga customers have come to know and love for the past 22 years including Personal Touch (personal shopping service), shoe shine, family restrooms, in- house alteration and tailor shop and prosthesis services. Nordstrom Topanga will kick off the opening with an evening gala on Tuesday, October 3, 2006. The fete will benefit Shane's Inspiration and Childhelp, Buena Ventura Chapter. Guests will enjoy lavish hors d'oeuvres, cocktails and buffets, live entertainment and the opportunity to do some "sneak preview" shopping. The highlight of the evening will be a full runway fashion show of American and European designer resort collections in a tent adjacent to the store. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. The event, entirely underwritten by Nordstrom, is expected to raise $150,000 to be shared by the two organizations. Tickets for the opening gala are $100 per person. For more information, or to make a reservation, please call (818) 505-9348.

yeah... now we need one to sell chanel and gucci in my area- WASHINGTON DC.. So far the west coast store.. what about the east coast !!
lol- maybe I ough to write to Nordstroms about that..- Think they'd listen..

That will be a nice addition. Even though we have Neimans and the Chanel store here in Orange County it would be nice to have another option. It would be great if Nordstroms at SCP carried Chanel (maybe too much competition from the boutique).;)

yes, i was there last night. the new nordys in topanga is just fab! no need to drive to beverly hills anymore. i work in warner center so my lunch shopping will never be the same again. i'll need two hours now. :yahoo: