Chanel at Fred van Wordragen???

DiorHomme

Oct 5, 2009
Hello fellow Dutchies,

I was wondering: has anyone ever been to Fred van Wordragen in The Hague? Do you know if they have a lot of Chanel clothing/RTW??? I need to go to The Hague next month and I am tempted to buy some RTW, but I don’t know anything about their product availability.

I’ve checked the Chanel store locator, but Fred van Wordragen is not on their list (anymore), so I don’t know if they still sell Chanel and if they do, I don’t know if they sell clothes, or just accessories.

Anyone have a clue? Any information or any experience buying at Van Wordagen would be much appreciated!

Hi DiorHomme, unfortunately Fred van Wordragen stopped selling Chanel a couple of weeks ago. They are now focussing on Dior and Celine. Rumor says Chanel has withdrawn the license they gave to Van Wordragen to sell Chanel. There were complaints from some clients that bought from there. They used to sell some RTW. The only place to buy RTW nowadays in The Netherlands is the Chanel boutique in Amsterdam. HTH!

Hi there! Thank you so much! That means I don't have to visit their store in the Hoogstraat. To be honest, I don't really mind they're no longer selling Chanel. It means now you can only buy Chanel in the boutique in Amsterdam, which means it's more exclusive again, haha! Thank you so much for the info!

It's a long time ago that I've visited this store but I must say I wasn't very happy with their customer service the last time I've called them. I bought a Chanel scarf there a few years ago and that was a good experience but then I was on the waitlist for a bag (navy blue flap in caviar) and they promised me to give me a call when it came in (nobody was on the waitlist for that bag atm except me) but they never called.

A few weeks later I called again to ask about the bag and the lady on the phone said that it came in but that they were already sold out now. I asked her why they didn't call me because I really wanted to have that bag and she replied with: "We don't have time to call every customer.'' :shocked::weird:
Okay, why putting me on a waitlist then while they're not going to call me anyway?
So my last experience with them wasn't a good one.

Hi **Chanel**, I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with them. I have a similar experience and am also not very pleased with their customer service. I had put myself on their wait list for the black Jumbo in caviar, but what I believe was the owner of the store, later told me that they do not do wait lists. When they have new stock in, they simply do not phone people on the wait list and they just sell to the first one in the store that wants to buy. As you can guess, I never received a phone call that my Jumbo had arrived.

At some other occassion my bf called them to see whether they had a specific necklace from 10C in stock and the SA on the phone was extremely rude to him telling him that they had so many necklaces in the store and that he had to find out for himself by stopping by at the store and then just hung up on him.

I visiting the store several times. Each time they always gave me the impression that I had to thank them on my knees for even being there. Although I must say that the guy and a younger girl that were working there were always very nice.

I have the impression that they stopped being friendly when Chanel had decided to withdraw the license they gave them to sell Chanel. Ever since they only had some seasonal leftovers and I guess Chanel was a sensitive subject for them. Anyway, no more Chanel there. Luckily the staff at the Amsterdam boutique is always very friendly and helpful. :smile:

Hi Kaypa, it's exactly like you said; they sell things to the first one in the store who wants to buy. But then they shouldn't make promises to call if they're not going to call anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with them too. And it's crazy how they did to your BF, what's that for customer service?
When I was in the store, there was a younger girl and she was nice but when I called I think it was an older lady on the phone.
And since then, I've never visited the store again.

At Chanel in Amsterdam, I like Michelle, Corné and the store manager (I forgot her name, I thought it was Jeanette but I'm not sure).
But my favorite store for Chanel is still SN3 in Antwerpen, one of my favorite stores to shop :biggrin:.

Hi **Chanel**, couldn't agree with you more! I also like Michelle and Corné. Don't really have had any contact with the store manager. But Michelle and Corné have always been so super friendly and helpful!

I bought a WOC at SN3 in December last year and this super friendly and relaxed girl/woman (she's in her 30s,) with dark brown hair was the best! She was sooooo cool and really helped me. Would you by any chance know whether her name is Marieke (I'm not sure anymore and would love to know)?

Hi there, I know the most of the SA's there but I just realised that I don't know their names, it's a shame (I really should ask next time :shame:smile:.
I know the name of one SA who works at SN3 (but she's not a Chanel SA), a blonde woman between 30-40 years old, her name is Leen.
She's always very friendly.
Last time I was there, I disovered a new brand (to me) because of her. I bought an Elie Tahari tweed jacket, looks like Chanel only the price was much much better :smile:.

Hi Kaypa, it's exactly like you said; they sell things to the first one in the store who wants to buy. But then they shouldn't make promises to call if they're not going to call anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that you had bad experiences with them too. And it's crazy how they did to your BF, what's that for customer service?
When I was in the store, there was a younger girl and she was nice but when I called I think it was an older lady on the phone.
And since then, I've never visited the store again.

At Chanel in Amsterdam, I like Michelle, Corné and the store manager (I forgot her name, I thought it was Jeanette but I'm not sure).
But my favorite store for Chanel is still SN3 in Antwerpen, one of my favorite stores to shop :biggrin:.

Hello there,

Oooow; I've seen SN3 in Antwerp, but never went inside. It's close to the Meir, right? Do they have a lot of choice in Chanel clothing/RTW - more than Amsterdam??? I'm desperately on the look-out for a classic tweed jacket or a pair of jeans.

And yes, the people at Chanel Amsterdam are sooo nice...especially Michele. The store manager (her name is Jeannette, yes) is also very friendly. I ordered a black wool motor jacket from Jeannette 2 weeks ago...I hope they're able to get it for me; it was sold out already, and now they were going to check if Chanel could re-produce it...but I don't think they will, as they want to keep their products limited.

Hi DiorHomme,

Yes, SN3 is close to the Meir, you can find it on the Frankrijklei 46-48. You really have to visit SN3 one day, I think you can find some nice tweed jackets in there :yes:.
I bought a classic tweed skirt two months ago, on sale. I prefer the collection at SN3 over Chanel Amsterdam. Chanel Amsterdam is better with scarves and jewelry, most of the time there's not much choice in Chanel jewelry and scarves at SN3.

I really hope that you can get that jacket, it sounds very nice. Me too, I'd love to see that Chanel would re-produce some things, especially a taupe or grey flap in caviar :nuts:. Or red. For clothes it's hard to find a specific thing once they're sold out but for bags you can hope to find it one day :smile:.

Hello there,

Oooow; I've seen SN3 in Antwerp, but never went inside. It's close to the Meir, right? Do they have a lot of choice in Chanel clothing/RTW - more than Amsterdam??? I'm desperately on the look-out for a classic tweed jacket or a pair of jeans.

And yes, the people at Chanel Amsterdam are sooo nice...especially Michele. The store manager (her name is Jeannette, yes) is also very friendly. I ordered a black wool motor jacket from Jeannette 2 weeks ago...I hope they're able to get it for me; it was sold out already, and now they were going to check if Chanel could re-produce it...but I don't think they will, as they want to keep their products limited.

I was there few weeks ago and was shocked no more Chanel there !
had a short chat with that old lady......

Rumor has it 'maybe' there will be a Chanel counter inside Bijenkorf Amsterdam !
My LV SA comfirmed with me few weeks ago there going be a LV counter inside Bijenkorf Ams this coming September or October !!! :yahoo:

I was there few weeks ago and was shocked no more Chanel there !
had a short chat with that old lady......

Rumor has it 'maybe' there will be a Chanel counter inside Bijenkorf Amsterdam !
My LV SA comfirmed with me few weeks ago there going be a LV counter inside Bijenkorf Ams this coming September or October !!! :yahoo:

OMG a Chanel counter in the Bijenkorf??? WHY?! But then, if that means more RTW, I'd be very happy hehe!
Pretty cool LV is getting a counter there btw! Did your SA tell you what exactly it is they'll be selling there? Just bags/shoes...or maybe some RTW as well?

OMG a Chanel counter in the Bijenkorf??? WHY?! But then, if that means more RTW, I'd be very happy hehe!
Pretty cool LV is getting a counter there btw! Did your SA tell you what exactly it is they'll be selling there? Just bags/shoes...or maybe some RTW as well?

For LV,there will be a small section of bags,SLG and shoes for women and men
According to my SA, this LV counter(winkeltje) is not connected with LV at PC hoofstraat.

Later on more counter will come along....like Chanel(maybe)...Dior...etc
Let's hope in two years time Bijenkorf Amsterdam will be something like Harrods or Galeries Lafayette Paris ! :nuts:

Dear Kaypa,

Think the woman you are referring to is called Marieka. I can only say that she is the perfect professional. I know that she worked previously for Armani and now she's already for some years responsible for Chanel (under SN3). She has a lot of very satisfied customers (even coming out of the Netherlands). And i agree with you that SHE is the one to go to for Chanel ! Perfect knowledge of the products, impressing service and a good view on fashion in general.;)

Hi **Chanel**, couldn't agree with you more! I also like Michelle and Corné. Don't really have had any contact with the store manager. But Michelle and Corné have always been so super friendly and helpful!

I bought a WOC at SN3 in December last year and this super friendly and relaxed girl/woman (she's in her 30s,) with dark brown hair was the best! She was sooooo cool and really helped me. Would you by any chance know whether her name is Marieke (I'm not sure anymore and would love to know)?

Fred van Wordragen is not selling Chanel anymore, I can recommend you to visit Chanel in Antwerp (SNR3). Extensive productline, good service. Ask for Marieka.

Hello fellow Dutchies,

I was wondering: has anyone ever been to Fred van Wordragen in The Hague? Do you know if they have a lot of Chanel clothing/RTW??? I need to go to The Hague next month and I am tempted to buy some RTW, but I don’t know anything about their product availability.

I’ve checked the Chanel store locator, but Fred van Wordragen is not on their list (anymore), so I don’t know if they still sell Chanel and if they do, I don’t know if they sell clothes, or just accessories.

Anyone have a clue? Any information or any experience buying at Van Wordagen would be much appreciated!